What the hell

(Edited)

Later that night we decided to stay at the gas station to rest. Cole parked the car in front of the building because we had a lot of things to put in there. I made us little beds in the back room out of blankets and souvenir pillows from the front of the store. He dragged the lady outside so we didn't need to smell her as bad. I layed on my 'bed' reading from my last place. The sun was set but Cole wanted to get everything packed before the morning into trash bag. So it can be easy to stuff them in the car and go. His habit lately has been covering windows, so he did that with newspapers that were lying around. When he walked into the back room I noticed from the extra light that entered from the candle in his hand. I looked over to him finding him setting the candle down as he shut the door. Walking over to his bag in the corner by his 'bed' he went through it grabbing a shirt. Pulling his shirt off in one swift motion, I could not help the red that crept into my face as I looked away. He slid on a black short sleeve shirt as he sat on to the homemade bed. Placing my book down I started to go through my bag till I found a pair of jean shorts. The ones I was wearing had a blood stain in them making me uncomfortable to sleep in them. Standing up I start to unbuckle my shorts, that get Cole's attention. He tried to hide that he was watching, but I could see him and it kinda made me smile. Pulling them down I reveal my black panties. I could not help but go slow as I did so, I even went to the part where I folded them before placing them in the bag. Finally I grab my new pair of shorts and start to slid them on, even jumping to get in them. Buckling and zipping back up I sat back down which is when I noticed Cole was still looking at me. I turned away from him and smiled as I picked up my book. Turning back I cleared my throat and continued to read. A couple of minutes later Cole clears his own throats and speaks. "Pen", he says sitting up. I look over at him with a smile, I hum to him to continue. He didn't speak for a little bit, "you did great with the zombie today". When he said that I smiled bigger, he has been say ever since we started training that I need to be tougher and better. And that compliment made me super happy to hear that he sees that I'm improving.

The next morning I was the first one up again. Let's be honest here, I did it on purpose. I went out to the front of the store and looked around. Cole filled up 14 trash bags and moved all the 10 boxes to the front of the store to load. I started to think and a thought came to me. 'We have no room for all this stuff in my small, run down car'. When I walked out I was greeted with the bright morning sun. I've always have loved the feeling of sun on my skin. After a minute I continue on my way in the parking lot. I looked around, seeing if maybe we could trade cars. That is when my eyes landed on a pickup with a RV connected onto the back. To be honest, I can't believe I did not notice it before. I walked over and open the driver side door to find the keys lying on the floor. They must have been in a hurry to get out of the truck. Taking them I put them in my pocket and close the door. I started to head to the RV door to see what is in it. Before I open the door I took the knife I put in my belt loop out and was ready to use it if I had to. Pulling it open, nothing happened. I walked in and there was nothing wrong with it. It had a small table for two or three people and a closet. There was no kitchen, which was odd because these kind of things had kitchens built into them. I closed the door behind me so nothing could come up behind me as I walked to the back door. Opening it I see a king size bed with boxes under the bed. I sighed and dropped the knife to my side in relief that nothing was in here. Never noticed I was so scared till I knew nothing was here. I stood there for a minute before I got on my knees to see what exactly was under the bed. Pulling the first box out I open it to show a bunch of clothes that looks like a man would wear. Putting that on the bed I go to the next box to see a bunch of porn magazines and things I don't even want to think about again. I ,disgusted, through the box out the door into the parking lot. When I was back on my knees in the room I got the last box. I hesitated because of the last box, but opened it anyways. Inside was three hand held guns and bullets to match. There must have been hundreds of bullets. I laughed to myself, this was an amazing find, again.

14 heavy trash bags in the back of a truck and 10 boxes under a king size bed later I finally got everything into the vehicle. I even took the gas cans that Cole filled the other day and put them in the truck. When I was done filling things up I sat in the passenger side with my book to pass the time for Cole to wake. 10 minutes of reading and in the corner of my eye I see Cole run out of the store. He looked panicked till he saw me through the window of the truck. Jogging over to me he opened the door and said, "what the hell".