Read to you

(Edited)

"Why are we in the bedroom with all the windows covered", I asked after a minute. He looked around the room landing his eyes on the door. This was the only room in the cabin that had no windows. All it had was a wooden door. "There is a herd on its way down to this area", he tells me standing up going to the door. "Is that why you are always gone in the morning", I ask him turning my body to face him. "Kinda, I have been keeping track on them so we could be ready to stay away from them", he states turning the lock on the door. He walked over to the small closet in the corner opening it to find a box. Pulling it out he placed it on the bed. "I tried to pack food and water just in case we are locked in for a while", he explains. I nod. Setting the box back into the closet he sat next to me again. I could tell he wanted to get something off his chest but I ignored it, knowing that it was probably going to be about my passed. I pulled my legs up to my chest again as I stared at the door. "I'm sorry I freaked you out". He stated. I turn my head to him and smiled, "Cole". He turned to look at me this time noticing I was looking at him. "You don't have to apologize, it was not your fault", he did a half smile. "Anyways", I said before he could continue. "What do we do now", I asked placing my head on my knees but still looked at Cole. He shrugged looking at me. I could feel his eyes search my face. Feeling insecure I turned away. He blinked a little and turned to the door again. "I don't think we can stay here forever", he says quietly. He knows that the only reason I stay here is for that slight chance that Troy will walk through those door. But reality hits you hard. I know Troy is never coming back for me. I already lost my family. I have no one to be here for me. It is scary but true.

Cole's POV

I looked at her face as it was lite by one candle that flickered. Her brown eyes turned hazel and green in the light. I had questions for her but I could feel that she was avoiding them. She looked away from me, I could tell her face got red. I blink a couple times before I turn away, I was checking her out. Let's be honest here, she is amazingly beautiful. But she is still a girl. And I don't even know her well enough. "I don't think we can stay here forever", I say in almost a whisper. I know Pen has only stayed here in the hopes that her friend will show up again. But let's be real, it has almost been 3 weeks and he has not given any sign that he is coming back. I hear a smash from outside making Pen jump. The zombies must be starting to go by. Standing up I grab my bat and knife and start to open the door when I feel a hand on my wrist. Looking over I see a panicked Penelope. "I need to go check", I tell her. She hesitates but let's go and watches me as I leave the room and shut the door. I walk into the hallway where I find myself in complete darkness. I continue to walk till I get to the back door that was covered in a pick my little pony blanket. Lifting it a little I peek outside to see about 7 dozen zombies walking by through the backyard. I also see that some of them tipped over a bird bath that sat in the middle of the yard. Sighing I let the blanket fall to its original spot before I walk back to the room. I find Penelope sitting all the way up to the head board again, in the same position she was when I left. "Pen", I said to her still in the doorway. She looked up at me. "We can go in the rest of the house now", I tell her. Now that I found out that it is safe to go out if you're quite we can go to the rest of the house. She stood up and walked over to the candle. Grabbing it she walked beside me as he headed to the living room. She placed in on the coffee table. Walking over to her bag she picked out stuff from it. When she was done she said, "I'm going to go get dressed". I nodded over to her as she left for the bathroom. I sat in the couch not knowing what to do. I never been in this situation with another person. It has always been just me. My whole life has been that way.

Penelope's POV

I walked into the bathroom with my clothes in hand. I picked out a long sleeved black shirt and a pair of jeans with rips going down both legs. I walked out and went back to the living room to find Cole reading the book I had on the table. I smile at that before I go and put my clothes back in my bag and sit on the couch. His eyes pop over top his book looking at me. I laugh a little making him do the same. "Why are you reading my book", I ask. He takes the book from his face and smiles at me. "I wanted to read to you", I raised my eyebrows at his offer. "Are you serious", I ask kinda laughing. "Yeah I am", he says sitting up. "Ok then, start reading", I say with a smile. He lifts the book up to his face again and starts to read where I left off. Half an hour goes by and I fall asleep.

-----------------
I added Coles POV, how did you like it? I wanted him to be sorta a loner, so I added some thing to say he was. Thanks for reading
-Shelby Jean