Ch. 73

I woke up alone and hot. I was wrapped up in the covers like a burrito. I flipped around in the bed, trying to get everything off of me.

I sat up, but stayed in bed for a few minutes till my head stopped spinning. I walked into the hallway and down into Joe and I's room. It still smelled of paint and we had maybe two more layers of paint left to put on.

"Joe?" I called out.

I heard his voice downstairs.

I changed out of my pajamas and into some shorts and a Tshirt.

"Hey Joe, I think we could knock out the rest of the room before lunch." I said as I walked into the kitchen.

When I walked in Joe and Simon were sitting at the table with three men.

I stopped in the doorway and everyone turned to look at me.

"Um hi Kaedan. Can you maybe give us some privacy for a little bit. I'll be upstairs in a little while, we just need to work some paperwork out."

"Okay, sorry." I quickly grabbed a water bottle out of the fridge and walked back upstairs.

I decided to just start painting on my own and then Joe could join me when his meeting for whatever ended.

I opened a half full paint bucket from yesterday and stirred it quickly before pouring some into a paint tray. I realized that all the windows and doors were closed and I couldn't open them. JJ was the only one not in the meeting so I walked quietly downstairs to, what I assumed was, his room. I knocked on the door.

"Come in." He said.

"Hey do you think you could open the windows for me in Joe's room? I'm finishing painting."

His room was very messy, clothes thrown all over the floor and bed. He had a suitcase open and was throwing stuff from his closet inside.

He walked upstairs and I followed him. As he put the code in for each window and the sliding door I asked him what the suitcase was for.

"I'm moving out."

"What? Why?"

"I've been offered a different more lucrative job and Joe says he doesn't need me anymore. Something about you two wanting to start your own family."

"Oh, well I'll miss you."

"I won't miss you."

I was a little surprised at first, but then he started laughing.

"I'm only joking." He said and I smiled.

"Alright, thank you."

"No problem." He said on his way out.

I dipped my roller into the paint and then continued where I left off from yesterday.

At one point I turned on some music from the stereo that I found in the back of my closet and was jamming out to one direction while painting.

"I think this is going to be the last coat." I said to myself as I began to paint the front of the room. The dark color was almost completely covered, but I wanted to make sure that no one could tell it was under there.