Ch. 21

"Jim?" I ask. He looks the same, just a bit tired I guess.

"Hello Kaedan, lovely to see you again,"

"Wish I could say the same about you."

"Haha," He fakes a chuckle, "your humor never gets old."

"What do you want from me?"

"Ah Kaedan, it's not that simple, but I'll try to explain. You see you have been with us for a very long time. You have seen too much. We can not have you out telling everyone our secrets now can we?" The smile he gives me sends shivers down my neck.

"I won't tell anyone. I promise."

"Yes, I'm sure you won't, but we can't have that possibility hanging around. Plus there is a reason we picked you in the first place. You're Joe's favorite and Joe won't settle for anything else."

"You mean, he's out of the hospital? How is he not in jail?" Suddenly I feel extremely unsafe. He could be close by. Hell, he could be on the other side of this wall for all I know. I try and pull my hands out of the cuffs, but they're on too tightly.

"Of course he's out. We couldn't have him rotting away in there. Now Kaedan, I need you to listen to me."

"Why should I?" My emotions are about to overcome me. I miss my family. I want my friends. I have the worst life in the world. This can't be happening again. I just want to curl up in a ball and cry myself to sleep, then wake up in my own bed at home.

"Because I could kill you at any second." He doesn't smile.

"Good. Now that I have your attention, please listen. You are going to be reunited with Joe today. In a room similar to this one. You two will talk out your problems till all is forgiven. Then once we feel like you are back to your sane level we will take you to our new home. Is that understandable? There will be no acting up. No escaping. No hurting yourself or others. And none of your other bullshit that you try to pull. Okay?"

A single tear falls down my cheek and I try to wipe it away, but I can't because my hands are cuffed down to this fucking chair.

I simply nod back and he stands to leave. Once the door shuts the tears poor down my cheeks.  I whimper and cry so much I'm afraid that my shirt will get soaked. I try and calm myself down when I realize that there are people watching me on the other side of the wall. I rub my eyes on my shoulders to wipe the tears away. I breathe in and out and soon enough I am calm. I don't want any of these people thinking that I am weak. 

I wait in that boring, cold room for over an hour. I know it was over an hour because I started counting at one point.

Then all of a sudden Olajide walked in and uncuffed me, then made me stand up. He was silent as he took me out of that room and down the hall. We made multiple turns before we arrived at another large metal door.

We walked inside and already seated with his hands folded neatly in his lap was him.

Joe Sugg.