Ch. 34

We sat quietly for a while, just listening to the thunder outside.

"Can you let go of my wrist, you're sweaty." I said to Simon.

"No." Was his only reply.

"It's for safety reasons." Vik said from somewhere on the other wall.

"Yeah because I'm just going to get up and run away whilst it's pitch black and the door is locked. That's smart."

"Just shut up and stop complaining. It's just a hand, there could be much worse that we could be doing to you." Joe said from my left.

I scooted to my right.

We waited for a while, just sitting there and listening to the noises outside.

I was so tired. It must have been like 11:00 o'clock. Or it at least felt like that.

I tried to keep my eyes open, but the room was so dark I couldn't tell when I had my eyes open and when they were closed.

I decided to just lean my head against the wall and rest for a moment. It wasn't like I was going to miss out on something exciting anyways.

I was so tired that I didn't notice when my head started sliding on the wall before it landed on Simon's shoulder which startled him a bit.

"Kaedan?" He whispered.

"She's sleeping. You can hear her soft snores." Joe said.

So Simon faced back forward and allowed me to sleep on his shoulder which felt very nice to me.

{This goes on whilst Kaedan is still sleeping}

An hour or so later...

"Okay I think it's safe to go back up." Joe said as he stood up.

"JJ, Tobi, and I will go up and assess if there is any damage. Then we'll come back down to get you if it's safe to go up." Joe said before opening the huge door.

After about 30 more minutes the door opened once more and Tobi said that everything was fine.

"A tree fell down and was about a foot away from hitting the house." He told Ethan as Simon carried me up the stairs, whilst I was still asleep.

"I'm going to put her in her bed." Simon whispered before walking me up the stairs. The power was still out so none of the lights, cameras, or security systems worked. So if I was still awake this would have been the perfect chance to escape, but dumb me always fell asleep at the worst times.

Simon walked into my room and laid me down on the bed before putting a blanket over me. It was actually freezing in the house because the heating had gone off as well.

Once he laid me down, he stayed for a moment to make sure I was still asleep and then he leaned down and left a soft kiss on my forehead.

Then, he left the room and shut the door behind him.

I slept all the way through the night.