Ch. 26

I plop down onto my bed and sigh.

I have finally finished my closet, and I still need to do my shoes and accessories.

"Whatever. I'll take a break."

It's 3:09 and I haven't had lunch yet. I'm so hungry. I turn off the music and walk downstairs.

JJ and Josh are yelling over something, but I ignore them and open the fridge.

I pull out some sandwich meat and cheese and grab some bread.

As I assemble my sandwich Simon and Joe sit across from me on the bar stools.

"Hey why don't you make me a sandwich too?" Simon asks.

"Because I'm not your slave." I respond.

"Yeah but you're a girl so you're supposed to make me a sandwich." He says, laughing at himself.

There is only one thing in this world that I hate more than Joe. Sexist men. Joe never really was sexist which I was extremely thankful for. I absolutely can not stand sexist jokes.

"What did you say?" I practically growl at Simon. My eyes remain on my sandwich because I'm afraid I'll kill him if I look at him.

I know Joe knows that I hate sexist jokes. Joe has stayed silent.

"I said make me a sandwich." He repeats. Josh laughs and JJ smiles.

Ok that's it. I'm sorry I can't handle this anymore. I've had too much anger surrounding me and now this?

Something explodes inside of me and I can't control my anger anymore. I run around to his chair and push him off. He lands on the hard tile floor and I jump on top of him. I punch him in the nose, but I don't get much of a chance to do anymore damage because JJ pulls me off and Joe holds me back.

JJ helps Simon up and his nose is bleeding.

Joe is holding me back with his arms crossed across my chest. I really want to scream right now. And cry. Geez I could really use a good cry.

"What the fuck Kaedan!" JJ screams at me as Simon wipes some blood from his nose.

"I don't do sexist jokes." I tell him.

"You didn't have to fucking punch me!" Simon screams at me.

And for some reason that was the breaking point. Just the tension from the scenario and the added fact that everyone was screaming at me except for Joe who was still holding me. I just couldn't do it anymore.

I burst into tears and turned around into Joe's chest so that the other guys wouldn't see me cry. Even though they could definitely hear me.

I didn't want them to think I was weak and vulnerable, but I really couldn't handle anything else.

Joe wrapped his arms around my back and kissed my head. He rubbed my back and I heard the other guys go silent.

"Come on, let's let you take a nap." Joe whispered into my ear.

I nodded my head and Joe and I walked up the stairs to my room, his arm on my side.

Once we got upstairs he helped me into bed and then pulled the covers over me.

And then I got this weird feeling. This feeling of not wanting to be alone.

When Joe held me in his arms when I was scared I felt protected. I felt like everything was going to be okay even though this was the man that I was supposed to hate.

I couldn't stand being alone right now.

"Joe?" I ask, my voice cracking on the O part.

He was about to walk out the door, but he turned around.

"Yes?"

"Can you lay with me?" I didn't look at his face because I was afraid of what he would say.

"Yeah sure."

He got into bed with me and got under the covers.

He pulled me close to him and I rested my head by his chest. His chin rested on my head and my face faced his chest. I could smell him, he smelled of fresh linen.

So we lay there together, he said nothing and I silently cried. I was getting his shirt and my bed wet with my salty tears, but I didn't care. He kept rubbing my back in an attempt to comfort me and somehow it worked.

This position was so cozy and it felt good, so I fell asleep. And that was one of the best naps I've ever had in my life.

When I woke up Joe wasn't there. The bed was cold next to me so I got up. I turned on my light and the clock read 6:34.

I went downstairs. Maybe I would apologize to Simon, maybe he would apologize to me. But to be honest, I couldn't care less about him right now.

When I got down stairs JJ, Simon, Joe and Vik were on the couch watching a soccer game. JJ and Simon both had a beer.

Joe saw me walk in and he motioned for me to come sit with him. He was being unusually nice to me.

I sat down next to him and he wrapped his arm around me. I rested my head on his chest.

Vik saw me sit down and he smiled at me. I smiled back because he was probably the nicest guy in this house.

Then Simon looked over to me. And I stared right at him. I wanted him to know that I didn't like him and I wasn't going to apologize first. He took a sip from his drink and returned his eyes to the tv.

"Okay we need to start making dinner." JJ said, turning off the tv and standing up.

"Can we just order?" Ethan groaned.

"Yeah sure whatever. Everyone is too tired anyways." JJ says before falling back down onto the couch.

"What are we ordering?" Josh asks.

"Chinese."

"Indian"

"Thai"

"McDonalds.

"Seafood."

"Sushi."

Every one just calls out what they want, but I stay silent.

"I'm going to go freshen up before dinner." I tell Joe before leaving the room. I can't take the stress of the situation.

I walk up to my room and fix my hair and makeup before returning to my closet to finish the shoes and accessories.

I don't know why, but it just relaxes me.