Ch. 11

He's got me.

He grabbed my arm whilst I was sleeping. He's holding on to me.

"I'm taking you home." He whispers into my ear.

He covers my mouth with his hand before I can scream. Then he pats  my head. He shakes me. He's getting frustrated I think.

"Kaedan lets go." He tells me.

"I don't want to. Please let me stay."

"You told me last night you wanted to go."

"No I never want to leave with you."

"Oh now you're just being irrational. Get up. Let's go."

"What is with you?" He's confusing me. I try to hide from him, but he turns on the light. My bedroom is lit up and suddenly I notice that he is not he. He is my mom.

I sit up straight.

"What the fuck."

"Kaedan! I will not have that language in my house!"

"Oh, sorry mom. I just had a bad dream."

"Yeah I can see that. You're sweating like crazy. Hurry up and get dressed. You need
to leave soon."

"For what?" It's like 3 in the fucking morning why do I need to be up.

"Olivia is at the airport."

"Oh that's right."

My mom leaves my room and I quickly wash my face and put some clothes on. After putting my shoes on and brushing my teeth I walk into the kitchen to grab a granola bar and my keys. My mom has already gone back to bed so I quietly walk out the front door.

As I drive my eyes constantly dart from either side of the road. I hope not to hit an animal.

It's silent except for the dull sound of the engine so I turn on some music. Loud rap music rings in my ears.

"Oh fuck that." I turn it off and open the window.

The wind is cold, but exciting. It wakes me up.

The drive to the airport is like an hour so I end up closing the window halfway through because of bugs.

I haven't driven in forever. It feels new to me. I've always been a great driver though. Probably the best out of my family.

The sun is just beginning to rise when I pull into the parking garage. I get a ticket and park on the third floor towards the back. I'll probably forget where I parked. I take my keys and my phone and get out of the car.

The yellow lights flicker as I walk towards the elevator.  Car wheels screech from somewhere below me. The sound bounces off the concrete walls and hurts my ears.

I get the feeling that someone is following me so I quicken up my pace. I reach the elevator and slam my palm into the button.

I hear a ding a few moments later and the doors open up. I walk inside and the doors slowly close behind me.

I take a deep breath and release it. I need to calm down.

The elevator jerks downwards and I almost touch the handle. But then I realize how dirty it is so I pull my hand back.

I get to the bottom floor and walk into the actual airport. I have a vague memory of this place.  I know that you go right to check in, but I don't need to do that. I think I remember coming from the left when we got back from trips.

"Hello sweety do you need some help?"

The woman's voice scares me and I jump.

"Um yes, I'm here to pick up a friend. Where do I go?"

"Right over there to baggage claim."

She points towards the left and I thank her before walking away.

It's currently 4:03 so she should be here soon.

I stand by baggage claim alone. Horrible thoughts race through my mind.

What if I don't recognize her?

What if she's mad at me?

What if I cry?

What if she doesn't come?

What if her plane crashes?

Why is she late?

Did she get kidnapped?

I walk to a water fountain to clear my head. This isn't healthy thinking like this.

I walk back to my spot and see that a few people have started to get their bags.

I crane my neck to see if Oli has arrived.

I see family after family walk out and not once does blond, wavy haired girl walk out.

I look around some more before I spot her. She had just walked through the double doors and she looked like she hadn't slept in 3 days.
She kept her eyes to the ground as she walked towards baggage claim. I slowly walked towards her.

Was this even Oli?

I hardly recognized her. The Oli I knew was usually always happy and funny. This one looked sad and tired. I had never seen her like this.

I stood about 30 feet away when she looked up. She made eye contact and stopped walking. She stared at me, as if trying to look into my soul to see if it was actually me.

I couldn't wait any longer. I sprinted towards her and engulfed her into my arms. We almost fell back, but i caught us and we just hugged. We hugged till I felt like I needed to sit down.

She started crying and I wanted to. Then finally we let go and got her bag.

As we walked to the car she told me about how she missed me and how she tried to find me on her own. She never gave up on me.