Ch. 55

I walked in front of Joe, carrying my ticket. Our row was 32, which turned out to be the 3rd from the very back. I sat down in the window seat and Joe got the aisle. I pushed my backpack under my seat and Joe put his in the overhead compartment. 

I was flying to Key West. Well not right now, but I was going to be in Key Weat in less than 10 hours.

"I'm so excited." I told Joe.

"I can't wait for you to see the villa that I've picked out. It's so beautiful. We are going to have to get an uber to the villa though because the airport is 2 miles from it."

"That's perfectly okay with me. More scenery to watch. How long is this flight?"

"I think it's really short. Like 3 or 4 hours." He took out his phone and began to text someone.

"I'm not really tired enough to take a nap." I said.

"Just watch a movie then." He said without taking his eyes off of his phone.

"Yeah, I guess I'll do that once we've taken off."

The plane took forever to take off. I felt like we were just sitting there for over 30 minutes. And Joe wouldn't even talk to me. He was too focused on his phone. I just stared out the window and at the people around me.

Finally the plane began to move and we got onto the runway. Joe put away his phone when the stewardess asked everyone to turn off their phones.

I stared out the window as we took off. I love that feeling of leaving the ground and just flying through the air.

Once we were very high from the ground I looked away from the window to see everyone preoccupied with things to do. 

"Can you shut the window, I'm trying to watch this movie." Joe said before putting his headphones on.

"Yeah sure." He was really starting to annoy me.

I pulled the screen down and then turned on my screen to start searching for a movie. There were so many different choices. I finally settled on The Perks of Being a Wallflower because I remember loving that movie.

About halfway through the movie I really had to pee so I paused it and took my headphones off.

"I need to go to the restroom." I told Joe.

He must not have heard me because he didn't move at all, so I tapped on his shoulder.

"Hm? What?" He mumbled.

"I need to use the restroom."

"Then go." He said.

I wanted to ask him why he was being so rude, but I didn't want to start anything.

"Can you move your legs?"

He grumbled and shifted his legs into the aisle so that I could get out.

I walked to the back and both rooms were occupied so I just stood back and waited. There was a nice stewardess there who chatted with me.

"So why are you going to Atlanta?" She asked me. Her voice was very monotone, but her smile was genuine.

"We are actually going to Key West, but they didn't have a direct flight there so we have to get on a different plane at Atlanta." I told her.

"And who is this we?"

"Oh um, me and my, um, boyfriend."

"Are you headed to Key West for a nice getaway?"

Gee this lady was asking a lot of personal questions.

"Kind of. We are looking at houses in Florida and he really liked the Key West area so we are starting there."

"Aw how cute. I heard houses there were quite expensive though."

"Yes they are. Especially on beachfront! But he will do whatever to leave on the beach haha." 

I felt weird telling this woman so much, but I felt obligated to tell her this so that she didn't suspect anything.

Suddenly, the door that I was leaning against opened and a guy in his early thirties came out.

"Oh! I'm so sorry." He told me once he got out.

"Oh no, don't worry that was all my fault." I assured him.

He smiled and walked back to his seat. At this point I had to pee so bad that I just rushed into the bathroom and locked the door behind me. These bathrooms weren't as nasty as I thought they would be, they just smelled bad. I pulled my shirt over my nose to breathe because it was that gross.

Once I had finished I washed my hands and left the room. The stewardess wasn't there anymore so I quickly walked to my seat. Joe was still watching his movie and so instead of interrupting him I just climbed over his lap to get to my seat, which made him smile.

I then returned to my movie and by the end I was in tears. Joe's movie had ended so he was just watching me cry out of the corner of his eye.

Once I turned off the movie he asked me, "Are you okay?"

I laughed and said "Yeah, that movie was just amazing."

"Are you hungry? The stewardess is almost here with the cart."

"No, I'll just have a water."

I wiped away my tears and laughed at how dumb I looked.

"How many more hours?" Joe asked the woman when she came to our row.

"2." She replied before handing  me a water cup.

"I am going to attempt to nap since you won't talk to me." I told Joe.

"what do you mean by that?"

"I mean that I'm going to try and sleep since you keep ignoring you."

"I'm not ignoring you, I'm trying to get some work done on my phone."

"Yeah okay sure." I was tired of his bs.

"Did it ever occur to you that my life is a little more difficult than yours? I have to pay for this entire trip which wasn't easy and on top of that I'm extremely tired because I had to wake up at four just to get everything ready and I din't go to bed till late. I also had to drive the entire way here and check us through everything. So when you just assume that I'm ignoring you and playing on my phone it kind of pisses me off." He was whispering in an angry tone because he didn't want to draw any attention to us.

"Okay whatever." I was being a total bitch, but at this point I didn't care.

He grabbed my arm and subtly yanked me towards him. He angrily whispered in my ear, "Grow up and stop being a bitch or I'll make this trip hell for you."

I yanked my arm away and turned towards the window. He sighed and returned to his phone.

What a dick.