Ch. 4

"Kaedan? Is that you?"

"Yes mom it's me." A tear threatens to slide down my cheek

"Oh my gosh! Tom! Tom get over here! Kaedan's on the phone!" I can hear her voice which is covered in happy sobs.

"Kaedan we have missed you so much! Where are you? Are you alright? When can we see you?" My dad bombards me with questions.

"I don't know, but I want to see you soon. I miss you so much." My voice cracks on that last word.

"We've missed you too." My mom says. I can barely understand her through the sobs, but I know that she is happy.

Rickter motions for me to end the call.

"I'm sorry mom I have to go. But I'll try and call when I get more information. I love you so much."

"We love you too."

I out the phone on the receiver. Just hearing my parents' voices makes me want to jump into their arms and just sleep.

"So. When can I go home?"

"not yet. We still have to run some tests on you."

"What do you mean run some tests?"

"I'm not going to get into it. That's the nurses job. I'm predicting that you'll be in Colorado in a week."

One week till I can see my family again. One more week till I can see my best friends again.

"When do I do these tests?"

"You have a few tomorrow after some more questioning, but the majority will take place on Thursday. You'll probably leave on Saturday."

"Okay."

"I'll have Martin take you back to your cell." He motions for the guard to come forward. He grabs my arm and walks me to the cells.

"Why do I have to be transported by guards and help in a cell."

"They are still unsure of whether you were a member of the group or not. They also don't want you to flee before they run tests." Martin says as we walk to my cell.

"Are the tests fun?"

"If you consider being poked and prodded with medical equipment all over your body fun, then yes."

"Okay thank you." I say as he locks my cell door behind me.

Well this is my home for the next week. I can't really do anything to decorate it.

There are other people in the cells by me too. I don't really want to get to know them though. One is so fake-tanned that he looks orange. Another dude is covered in so many tattoos that I can't see his skin. One woman has about 20 piercings on her face alone. I think I'll mind my own business.

It's a warm feeling knowing that you are going to see your family again. It's also a dark feeling knowing that you caused the death of one of the nicest people you knew. I think Caspar was the last one that I would kill. He never wronged me in any way and he only showed me love. I feel like ripping my skin off.

I'm terrified that Joe will find me. And when he finds me what he will do to me for causing the murder of his best friend. That terrifies me the most.