Ch. 27

"Kaedan! Dinner!" Someone yells up the stairs.

I finished organizing my closet so I was currently looking out the door to the balcony.

I walk downstairs and sit down at the table. Joe sits at the head of it and I sit to his right. Simon sits across from me and Ethan sits on my right.

Someone has already fixed my plate so I go ahead and eat.

They picked Indian which I don't particularly like, but I eat anyways.

Everyone is looking at me for some reason.

"Can I help you?" I ask them as I eat a piece of chicken.

Some look away, but Simon and JJ keep staring at me. JJ has a sly smile on his face that he is trying to hide.

"What's your problem? Stop staring at me." I tell them both and JJ looks down.

Dang this chicken is spicy. I really hate spicy food.

I take a sip of my water and JJ stifles a laugh.

What is going on.

Immediately spit the chicken back out into a napkin.

"Why is this chicken so hot??" I whisper as I try and drink some more water.

It's burning my throat and my tongue is numb. Water isn't helping fml.

My eyes have started to water and JJ and Simon are laughing.

I drink all my water and Joe goes to get me more. Once he leaves everyone starts laughing at me and I give JJ an evil stare.

"What did you do to my fucking chicken??"

"Requested the spiciest chicken they had." JJ says before exploding with laughter. The other boys laugh as well and I would have to if my tongue weren't on fire.

"Joe get milk!!" I yell at him.

He returns a few minutes later with a glass of milk and I gulp it down. My tongue feels a little better, but it still burns. I'm fine though.

"Oh so that's how you want to play?" I say. I'm pretty good at pranks tbh.

"No one can take you seriously when you have tears running down your face from a piece of chicken." Simon says and Ethan falls out of his chair laughing.

"Okay, yeah I get if. Watch your backs." I say as I exit the table. I flick them off as I walk up the stairs. My need for revenge has replaced my hunger so I go up to my room to plot out my plan.

But first I brush my teeth. I need to get this taste out of my mouth. Once my teeth smell of mint I change into pajamas and walk over to the desk. I grab a piece of paper and start writing down plans.

- bugs in their food
- Nair in their shampoo
- color dye in their body wash (this one is a personal favorite)

Once I have a list compiled I start to look around for supplies. I can't just ask them to help me look for the things I'm pranking them with.

Maybe Joe would help me. I doubt it.

I'll look around downstairs first and if I can't find anything I'll ask him.

I walk back down the stairs with the needed supplies in my head. I scan around the house, but the only thing I found was a pair of scissors and Joe said I couldn't have them.

"What are you looking for?" Josh asks as I search through drawers in the kitchen.

"Probably her dignity." Simon says as he walks in and puts his plate in the sink.

"I would stop making fun of me." I said to him.

"Or what?" Simon stood behind me.

"Or I'll kick your ass again." I told him, turning around and pushing him away so I could move.

Josh's mouth dropped into a smile and Simon clenched his jaw. I walked away and through the dining room. Joe, Ethan, and JJ were talking.

"Joe can you come up to my room for a sec?" I asked.

"Yeah I'll be up in a minute." He said, before carrying on with his conversation.

I walked back up to my room and hide all of my plans for pranks. Then I got out my list of items needed and sat criss-cross apple sauce on the bed with one of the pillows on my lap. I was wearing blue fuzzy socks because this house was freezing cold.

I waited for a while. And then some more. And after 15 minutes I got tired of waiting. What is taking him so long??

I opened my door and looked out over the banister. I could see a little bit of the kitchen, but not a lot. I saw one pair of shoes, but they were too big to be Joe's.

I walked down the stairs and into the kitchen.

Joe was sitting on the counter with a beer in his hands. They were all laughing about something.

I stopped in the doorway and looked at Joe. The talking stopped.

"What?" Joe asked.

"I thought I asked you to meet me in my room?"

"Oh yeah sorry I forgot."

I huffed out a breath and walked away. As soon as I left the doorway the whispers started up.

What a bunch of assholes,

Joe followed me out and to my room, I say back down on the bed and he joined.

"Okay so I need you to pledge your secrecy to me."

"What?" He took another swig from his bottle.

"I'm trying to prank the other boys because they're being complete assholes. Can you please be on my team?" I touched his forearm so maybe he would agree.

"Ha, try and prank the boys? Good luck with that. But sure I'll help, what do you need?"

I gave him the list of supplies and he looked them over.

"We can do some of these, but Nair and slit their throats is going to come off the list."

"Okay, that's fine. I'll make some sacrifices."