"She's Gone" ; Kenny McCormick

Warning - Sad, at least in my opinion.
yolo

• • •

I walked down the road to see the usual four boys waiting for the bus stop. Cartman grimaced as I walked past him, and my eyes sunk even lower to the snow covering the ground.

"You okay?" Kenny asked me as we joined hands.

"Fine," I nodded, still staring to the ground.

"You say that everyday," He muttered.

"I guess I'm fine everyday," I bit the inside of my lip. We all just fell into silence. I stayed still, my eyes still staring to the ground.

"Are you sure?" Stan asked.

"Positive," I looked to him and passed an assuring glance.

"Good," He said before looking straight ahead once again.

The bus pulled over and we all walked on. Kenny's grip loosened as we sat down, and then we were apart. I think he was embarrassed to even be seen with me.

I walked into the school in utter silence, and as soon as Kenny entered through the door we split apart, him going the opposite direction.

I walked to my locker and slipped out the earbuds as I grabbed my books and walked into class. As I noticed the huge crowd around Cartman, I slipped into my seat. Kenny shrugged to me, but never said a word.

This was a daily routine. Kenny and I never talked much at school, and I stayed away from the crowd. I ate lunch in Mr Garison's class and I simply walked around for recess. I received little empathy, but I never wanted it anyway.

"You don't have to be so quiet," Kyle would say as we all trudged off the school bus.

"I know," I would nod. But today was different, he kept talking.

"Kenny really likes you," He said. I looked to him in disbelief.

"He doesn't," I shook my head.

"He does."

"Then why doesn't he talk to me?"

"Scared," He shrugged as we split off from Cartman and Stan. Kenny was probably already at his old cardboard box that he called a house.

"Why would he be-" I began.

"You seem to be," He rocked back and forth. "Sad."

"But that doesn't mean he can't talk to me," I shrugged.

"He doesn't want to make you worse," He responded, stern.

"So I'm a worry?" I asked.

"Well," Kyle bit his lip in thought. "Yeah... A little. But don't worry about it-"

"I feel awful," I began. "I'm so sorry-"

"It's not your fault," He cut me off. "It's fine, we understand."

"But I don't want you to spend your time worrying about me," I was tearing up.

"It's not a big deal," He told me. "Okay, um, I'll see you at school tomorrow."

I never responded.

• • •

I walked onto the bus, and we began the same process of the weekday until I realized something. No one had talked to me. And everyone seemed to think of me as a joke.

Girls would giggle in the hallways, while guys might whisper or even just say whatever came to there minds.

Throughout the first five minutes of the school day, I was pointed at, spat on, called names, and whispered about. In five minutes.