53 ; Kenny McCormick

get ready to read some cringey shit

39.

A number that could mean absolutely nothing to anyone else, but to you, that was all you knew. Everyday you tried to get rid of it somehow.

But that was just today's number. Everyday it grew by one.

And somehow a number with so much meaning could mean so little to everyone else.

And that's how you come in, completely lost, silent next to the typical Cartman, Kyle, Stan, and Kenny.

Everyone their knew your happy personality. The hilarious, profaning personality.

But today you were silent, and the same for the rest of the boys. It was comforting, but so damn awkward at the same time.

But then, Kenny wrapped his hand around yours, he probably noticed you were so nervous. You smiled to yourself towards the snow-covered ground but still kept your distance between you and him.

You walked onto the bus silently, placing yourself next to Kenny. He greeted you smiling, but soon enough the smile faded.

"You okay?" He asked, muffled by his jacket making it sound more like, "mmmph mm?". But you were good at making out his words.

"I'm fine," You nodded.

"I love you," Kenny smiled softly again. Even though his mouth was covered, it was obvious from his eyes.

"I love you, too, McCormick," You reached in your pocket to find your phone.

"Fuck you for getting a phone," He mumbled. There was the Kenny you remembered!

"Hey, did you guys do the homework?" Cartman interrupted us. Kenny burst out laughing.

"Yeah, yeah, you can copy me at recess," You sighed.

"But recess is my reading time," Cartman whined.

"Fine," You shoveled out the homework from your maroon backpack. "Just take it."

"Yay! You're the best," Cartman smiled as you handed him the homework that you spent hours on the night before. You didn't really care anyway.

• • •

KENNY'S POV:

"I've gotta go," Y/N said as she picked up her backpack. Instantly my mind scrambled to find excuses and reasons she needed to stay.

"But," I trailed off. "Homework! I don't get the homework!"

"We don't have homework," She laughed. "Good try, though."

"Aw, fuck," I let out. "Why do you have to leave?"

"Uh, mom's strict," She trailed off. "Bye! Love you!"

"Love you too," I smiled, watching her leave the room.

But it hung in my mind. Her mom isn't strict from what I heard, but her dad is. I didn't know why I cared so much, but it really annoyed me. Was it just an excuse to leave?

I sighed as the time ticked by. I didn't realize I had been staring at the wall for a few minutes.

• • •

She wasn't at school today.
I hadn't heard a word from her.

I knocked at the front door almost shaking in nerve. When her mom answered the door, I took note of her complexion. Tall, thin, long hair.