Meeting Negan

I decided to write this for CherryBeautyArtist. I haven't read the comics or watch the tv show (i know, shame on me). I did my research on Negan so I know some stuff about him from the comics (e.g. he swears a lot and apparently has sexual fantasies about his bat lol).

*********

Negan strode back and forth with swagger in front of the group of people kneeling before him in the dirt. It was a relatively small group, with half a dozen men and surprisingly only one female. He and his men had found them out on the road as they were on their way back from collecting the Hilltops weekly supply of produce.

They were the kind of people that seemed like they had been out in the world and not hidden away in some fortified town like the people of the Hilltop. He could tell from their faces they had seen shit, and they had lived through shit.

"So, which one of you is the fucking leader of this little group?" he asked.

To his surprise a man spoke up pretty quickly, "I am" he said as he attempted to stand before being knocked back down to the ground by one of Negan's men.

"Did I say you could fucking stand?" Negan asked. "I'm about to tell you mother fuckers how the new world works, so you better fucking listen up and you listen good" he began. "It's quite fucking simple really. I own you. And anything you have, you will give half to me. That is the cost of living in the new world" he told them.

"Like fuck we will" the leader spat back at him.

"I do not appreciate you're tone asshole. And if I hear another word from your fucking mouth, I will not hesitate to kill each and every one of you. And just for that stupid fucking outburst... someone is gonna have to take one for the team. Now who's it gonna be?" he asked as he strutted along in front of them all, eyeing each person, carefully selecting Lucille's next victim. They all hung their heads, afraid of what could be coming their way, all except for the woman. She looked right up at him, right into his eyes. Not a single glimmer of fear to be seen.

"You..." he said as he looked at her curiously. "You're not the least bit afraid of me are you? Not like all these pussy's practically pissing their pants" he said as he pointed Lucille in her face and waited to hear what she had to say.

"I'm not afraid to die" she spoke quietly, nothing but truth written all over her face.

"That's not what I asked darling. Are. You. Not. Afraid. Of. Me?" he repeated slowly.

"No sir" she replied.

"I wonder..." he began curiously. "Why would that be?"

"Honestly sir" she said, thinking he was a man who demanded respect and she should address him as such. "I feel like there isn't really much you can do to me that these bastards haven't already done" she spoke truthfully.

At that statement something within Negan snapped. Part of him, the brutal, murderous side wanted to prove her wrong. Maybe he should just put her out of her misery right now? But the small slither of the man he used to be before all this felt bad for her. He had no idea what had been done to her, but it must have been pretty bad if she welcomed death with such open arms.

"Don't you say a fucking word bitch!" the leader spat at the young woman.

Negan rounded on that man and gave him a swift kick to the chest, plunging him backwards into the dirt. "I won't tell you again mother fucker. You keep you're fucking mouth shut!" Negan shouted. "There's a price to be paid for that shit" he said as he lunged at the man next to him, Lucille swiftly cracking him in the side of the head. As the man fell to the ground, blood gushing from his skull Negan hit him a couple more times just to be sure he got his point across.