Non-Hero Number "Thdwee!"

At the same time; Castle DeDeDe in Dreamland, the Waddle Dee sleeping area:

A young Waddle Dee sat sadly in the sleeping area, all alone.

The rest of the Waddle Dee were hurrying around the rest of the castle, preparing for Christmas, which was nearly upon them. The weather was unseasonably warm for this time of year, but that wasn't too surprising. The last winter had been super cold and rainy, it only made sense that this one was just the opposite so far.

If you will remember, Sakura discovered her healing Light when she helped a baby Waddle Dee recover its health. Well, it turns out this 'baby' wasn't really as young as he looked. He had always been sickly and weak, he hadn't grown as quickly as he should. Even now, he was still quite small for his age. He had never gotten that sick again since then, but he still was considered too small and weak to help the others serve around the castle.

So, he spent his days sitting alone, here in the sleeping area. The other Waddle Dee took care of him and felt sorry for him, but he didn't really have any friends. He missed the days when Sakura had been here, she was nice and helped him out, even though she didn't know that he was the only one she was helping.

Suddenly, one of the outcast Waddle Dee, and another one that he didn't recognize but that wasn't part of the one mind, came in and waddled over to him.

Heyo, Sailor Dee thought cheerfully at him as he touched foreheads with him. Anything new going on with you?

No, of course not, the small Waddle Dee sighed. Who's this?

His name is Deedee, and he comes from another land. He lives in a castle like us, but he's not a servant. He's basically a prince, he gets to live the sweet life. Anyway, he's here in Dreamland with a bunch of giants and monsters, looking for the biggest failure. Well, I got to thinking, us Waddle Dee are basically all looked at as being pathetic and simple. So, then I got to thinking, you're the Waddle Dee who's considered the most useless. So, with logic and all that other Meta-Knighty-type stuff, I figured out that you must be the failure they're looking for. So, wanna go off on an adventure? Sailor Dee thought excitedly at him.

I'm not even supposed to leave the sleeping area for fear I'll get hurt or get in the way, the little Waddle Dee disagreed. How in Dreamland could I go on an adventure, Sailor Dee?

Well, we have to find the others and show you to them, first, Sailor Dee shrugged. Here, Deedee will try to explain.

Sailor Dee stepped out of the way and let Deedee over. Greetings, fellow Waddle Dee. I am Deedee. And you are?...

I don't have a name. Waddle Dee that aren't outcasts aren't given names. Names encourage individuality, the little Waddle Dee sighed. Waddle Dee that develop too much individuality start being able to talk some, saying 'dee' and 'dwee,' and then they get kicked out to be alone, as outcasts. I can't become an outcast, I need the others to take care of me and stuff.

Hmm, Deedee muttered in reply, apparently not very interested. Anyway, we need you to come with us to find the others. We air-hopped here while they had to walk, they didn't know we were coming, so we probably got here first.

What others? the small one asked, a bit fascinated.

A Manga-Head, an Elf, and Kirby and Meta Knight, Deedee replied.

The Pink Devourer and Scary Sword Man and a bunch of scary sounding creatures I've never heard of? Count me out! I don't want an adventure! he protested, shaking his head forcefully and scrunching his face up in distress.