Chapter 9: Not That Bad

Start from the beginning

     They talked more and more. They shared their own stories and they both listened carefully to what the other had to say. Both of them heard facts that they never expected, making them regret what they've done to each other before. The two of them were victims of ill-relationships with their family.

     "My parents are not that good in attendance." Sehun said.

     "Attendance? What do you mean?"

     "They're not always present at home. They're not like that before but now that they're becoming more excellent in their jobs, they're also becoming oblivious of their responsibilities at home. Not that I blame their jobs. I just don't like the thought of them forgetting me."

     "You had a really good childhood with them, hadn't you?"

      "Yes, I had. To the extent that I became like a person who never learned to smile."

     "You mean, they're the reason why you always have a pokerface?" Sehun just nodded to Luhan's question.

     "Can you explain why you're smiling the moment we first bumped?" Luhan asked.

     "It's because they're acting like they care for me again. It made me feel good and overwhelmed. I'm smiling like an idiot until my friends called me as the Walking Miracle. Is a smile from me already a miracle?" Th older laughed.

     "Maybe for them. Well, I didn't witnessed your pokerface that much. The first time I saw you, you're smiling. Then the next day, we bumped and you're in an annoyed look. Then the following days we're exchanging different looks and stares. I just saw your pokerface on one of those days," Luhan giggled as he remembered those times.

     "It's so funny that we're like that before and we're like this now. We're supposed to be totally awkward but we're not. We're even taking turns in telling the dramas of our lives. But... I'm happy that we're friends already. I really feel sorry for what I've done before, Luhan," the younger said. The other smiled and felt the same.

     "So do I. So the feeling is mutual, eh?" The two laughed when that boy used to be called as Mr. Blondie tried to imitate what Sehun had told him before.

     Time flew really fast. Lunch time was over but it seemed that they didn't want to go. It seemed that they got fond of each other. Maybe because they could relate to each other when it comes to family matters. Birds with the same feather flock together, they say.

     They didn't want to leave yet but they had to since they still had class. They just agreed to meet in the afternoon after class at the cafeteria.

     Classes went on and Sehun felt like he couldn't wait for the dismissal. He's too fascinated with the boy's life and really wanted to know him more. It felt like a thousand years to him and he's growing impatient. Kai was just puzzled of Sehun's acts. He tried to ask but he didn't get any straight answer. He got tired of it so he just let Sehun be.

     The bell rang and Kai was dumbfounded of how fast Sehun moved and ran away from their room. Before he could say goodbye, the younger was already out of sight.

     Sehun impatiently waited at the cafeteria. He kept on glancing at his phone clock from time to time. He didn't know but he felt comfortable with Luhan and he's liking Luhan's company. All the realizations he had had made him more guilty and regretful of what he had done before. Anyway, the one he'd been waiting for arrived already. Right away, he smiled and his whole impatience was flushed away.

     "Sehun, sorry to keep you waiting. I still had to finish some stuffs. Don't worry, they're all done already," Luhan apologized.

     "Ahh. It's okay. Well, let's go?" He asked and took a grab of Luhan's small wrist.