Chapter 9: Not That Bad

Start from the beginning

     "Oh, c'mon. You're the liar, not me," Luhan replied and laughed.

     "I'm just joking, deer boy." Luhan had fighting eyebrows.

     "Deer boy?" He asked.

      "Yeah, deer boy. Do I need to state the reason why?" Then Luhan slowly nodded and looked like hesitating to let Sehun make it clear to him.

     "Oh fine. First, it's your doe eyes. Second, your plushie." And Luhan parted his lips in understanding.

     "Well, lunch done?" Sehun spoke the query.

     "Why? You'll treat me?" Luhan grinned playfully.

     "As if you'll come with me if I won't." A chuckle left Luhan's lips. "Let's go, friend. My treat," Sehun added despite of the realization that the two of them were acting kinda weird and different. He just tapped the boy's shoulder and went ahead. The blonde just followed.

     They went to the cafeteria. He really treated Luhan for lunch. There, they got to know each other deeper. Luhan was already 19 years old and a graduating student in high school. When Sehun found this out, he almost spitted out his drink. The older just cutely laughed at the view and earned a pout from the younger. Sehun didn't expect it since he thought that Luhan was just more or less of the same age as him. Well, he was deceived by Luhan's looks.

     White puppy also found out that th deer boy wasn't a stalker. He just knew the brunette's name since Sehun was popular among high school girls. And the attention he's giving to Luhan kinda made Luhan a bit known in the academy, too.

     Luhan is a Chinese boy. His father is a successful businessman that owns a company while his mother has been deceased for several years already. He has three sisters and he's the only boy among the siblings. Luhan has shared it all to him. He's in Korea due to the SASA (Seoul Arts and Sciences Academy) which produces good quality graduates. The deer boy is just staying on a house his father bought for him. He's left with an all-around house helper and a bodyguard slash driver which he actually doesn't want to come with him everywhere he goes. As you can see, Luhan's family is wealthy and it has amazed Sehun how Luhan has managed to hide it or even just look not like the wealthy kid.

     "Wow... You're rich but you don't look like one."

     "It's because I don't want to be avoided by people."

      "Avoided? What do you mean?"

     "It's just... I don't know but when people in China know that I'm rich and a son of a wealthy businessman, they tend to avoid me. It seems that they're afraid of my father. I don't have many friends, you know. I spent my childhood mostly at home. I even underwent kindergarten and early primary school there."

     "What? Home study?" Sehun asked.

     "Yes. They only hired private tutors. But eventually on my third grade I badly wanted to experience being in schools. My mother granted that for me. I'm about to be enrolled in third grade but I had to take second grade again due to the fact I only learned through home study. It's not that I cared much about repeating a grade. I just wanted to go school. That's the reason why I'm 19 yet still in third grade of high school."

     "I see. I'm sorry to hear that. You have a not-so-good childhood, eh?"

     "Kinda. Well, how about you, Sehun? You're in first grade of high school but just 15. Why is that so?"

     "It's because I was accelerated before. Same to my friend, Kai. Both of us outstood in our classes when we're still in primary school."

     "Wow. Pretty intelligent, huh?" Luhan complimented.