Kicking the Bucket

Slug club wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, the worst part for me was trying to find an outfit suitable enough for the occasion, most of my clothes were way too slutty or too causal, I ended up having to put on my least revealing black dress and some really thick tights so it would be hard to tell wear the dress ended and the tights started.

The meal wasn't actually that bad I got to have some chill alone time with Lucius and Severus.
We mainly made fun of everyone else around the table. Mainly Slughorn and how he favourites all the girls. At one point I said that Lily Evans is so stuck up. To which Severus got really offended. I had to use my charm and share some of my brownie with him which made him forgive me.
At one point I realised how similar she looked to me. But how we have completely different lives. I also figured that Snape had a thing for the muggle - born but I wasn't going to say anything. Just in case Lucius figured out too. It didn't matter how much I tried in the past but he will never be able to stop judging people by their blood status. Which is one reason why I keep mine a secret to even my closest friends.

The next day I was sitting in the common room trying to do some homework because the stress of having 12 essays was getting to me. I tried to keep away from everyone because they'd distract me.

I had only been sitting on the big leather couch before I felt someone had sat next to me. It was Regulus Black, Sirius' brother but also one of my friends that I would call family, I had spent many Summers visiting his family as well as the Malfoy's.

But this year I had been so busy with work and life that we had hardy spoken.

"Hey Reg I've missed you" I said grabbing his side and pulling him into a tight hug.

"Hey Effy" he replied smiling. I let go of him and he rest his head on my lap on top of my homework. I had already forgot the mountain of homework I should be doing.

"What's my favourite Red Head been up to them apart from completely forgetting I exist?" He asked in his usual preppy tone.
"Oi. I haven't forgotten you exist I spoke to you at Slug Club didn't I? " I retaliated.
"Yeah for about two seconds, good job I've got other friends eh?"
"Have you though?" I winked at him.
"Oh shut up you." He joked "but seriously what's up you always look ever so gloomy". On a more serious note.

"I'm find Reggie"
I replied thinking what I really felt. Why am I such a fuck up? First the Sirius situation then the stress of NEWTs, then the whole fight in the corridor. Not forgetting Lucius and Narcissa's break up which was probably my fault since they only ever argue because of me. I'm destroying people's happiness.

"Deep in thought?" Regulus questioned.
"How'd you guess" I replied rolling my eyes.
"You were making all these funny facial expressions it went from looking happy then angry then happy again and then sad".
I mage a loud sigh and tilted my head so I was looking up at the ceiling.
"I just feel like everything I do is wrong but I can't help myself wanted to do then." I was about to carry on telling him how much I hate myself but he butted in.
"Come to mine for Christmas?" He asked completely changing the subject. Oh Regulus if only you knew. I looked back down to him his beautiful blue eyes looking back at me. Staring deep into my soul. "Reg you know I'd love to." I repiled slowly trailing off...
"But?" He looked worried.

I was starting to wonder if he knew about the kiss with his brother. If I went to his it would mean that I'd have to spend lots of my time with Sirius with would be a terrible thing.
"I know by the way. About you and Sirius, I don't think there's anyone left in the school that doesn't know. It's all he ever speaks of now. How's Effy Reggie? And Didn't Effy looked gorgeous today. "
"Oh my god I'm so sorry" I said putting my hands on my face to hide the redness.

" I still want you to come around I promise it won't be awkward. And you know I need you". He said with one hand on my face. I know why he was referring to, something he had not told another living soul, apart from Sirius, something I will take to the grave.

"Oh alright Reggie but I'll have to ask my dad first." I said finally giving in.
"Thank you, thank you, thank you" he jumped up and started to kiss my face repeatedly.
I smiled "Oi stop that people might think we're dating!" He stopped and glares at me and we both bursted into laughter.