The Start

"The hardest thing is to kill the monster inside you, without killing yourself in the process" - effy stonem

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
Elizabeth Tomlin woke up on on the first of September, her first day at Hogwarts school of witchcraft and wizardry. Her family was so proud of her when she got her letter, her father, a wizard was a hufflepuff. So Effy thought that she would be one too. Like her father she was funny and loyal. But she was also brave and courageous which made her mother, a muggle believe she would be a Gryffindor. Effy hoped that she would be in Gryffindor but she would also be okay with Hufflepuff. She knew it would be one of the two because she wasn't smart enough to be a Ravenclaw. She definitely knew she was not evil enough to be a Slytherin nor did she want to be.

When she got up out of bed she looked at the suitcase put at the end of the bed, already packed with her initials H.E.T on the side. She couldn't wait for the train ride to Hogwarts when she could put on her robes for the first time.

Then she looked in the mirror her hair was long and curly. It's colour a dark ginger. Apart from her hair Effy looked very similar to her mother. Her face rounded and strong high cheek bones, however she had her fathers dark brown eyes and his short stubby body.

Before she left she said her good byes to her mother and sister. She hugged them both before leaving for kings cross station.
The group of first years were lead into the great hall by a young professor Mcgonagall for them to be sorted into their houses.

Heir of the black family was sorted in Gryffindor caused lots of gasps and sniggers from the other students.
Effy's time to get sorted. She looked after at each table wondering what her life would be like in any of the houses.
Gryffindor: brave and talented
Ravenclaw: smart and complex
Hufflepuff: funny and kind
Slytherin: EVIL

"SLYTHERIN!"
Effy jumped up shocked and slowly made her way to the Slytherin table. She was sat next to a boy a year older than her he had blonde with almost white shoulder length hair.
"Uh, hey my names Lucius Malfoy pleasure to meet you" he put his hand out to shake to timid girls hand.
"Oh hey! Im Effy nice to met you too!"
"So Effy just so we can clarify your a pure blood right?"
Without saying anything Effy slowly nodded not wanted to show her real identity of being a half-blood.
"Thank god for that!" The boy said half laughing.
"Uh hem". Effy's whole body turned to wear the sound had come from. It was a girl. Same year as the boy she had long blonde hair that reached her hips her eyes glaring at Lucius.
"Oh, sorry. Effy this is my girlfriend Narcissa". The two girls shook hands over the table but made no eye contact. "Nice to meet you. Call me Cissy" neither one of them spoke to each other for the rest of the night.

After the feast Lucius showed her to the dormitory in the dark dungeons of the castle where she would live for the next 7 years of her life.

I hope you enjoyed the first chapter. More to come soon! Please vote and comment!