Food Fighter

I hadn't see Anya all morning to tell her the mornings events, she never came to breakfast so I wasn't surprised when I didn't see her in our first lesson, transfiguration.

Anya wasn't like me, eating when I felt like it. I suppose that's why she's so skinny. Most people thought she had a beautiful body but when you know the story behind it, it's anything but beautiful.
For the past two years she's had this crush on some Gryffindor called Peter. Actually I'd say it was more than a crush. She was obsessed with this boy, he wasn't even a good looker. Me and Lucius always make fun of him calling his a Rat and hed blong better in a zoo.
This didn't stop her though I still would find her following behind him like a puppy.
At meals she's doesn't stop talking about him, to the point where she looks insane, really she isn't or at least not all the time. She is probably one of the smartest people I know apart from Lucius. When she is blabber in on what she really is doing is distracting anyone from seeing that she wasn't eating anything. However I always notice. We've had a special bond where we know anything about each other and kept no secrets. So when one day I found her by herself in the library I was surprised as we never go in the library.

I only went in to return a book for Lucius. That's when I saw her sitting by herself reading a book.
I wasn't sure if I should go talk to her or leave her there, she kinda looked peaceful like she was in her own little world of just her.
But since she's my best friend sometimes I get granted excess. Before I could even say hello she'd already seen me.

"Oh wow" she said sounding like she was still in her own world.
"Are you alright An?" I replied slightly puzzled.

"Oh me yes. Yes I'm fucking fine." She said angrily, but somehow still with a big teethy smile on her face.
"Well that reassuring." I said sarcastically at the same time as sitting on the chair next to her, maybe shehas really gone insane now.

"So are you going to tell me what's really happened or are you just going to pretend everything is okay?"
She waited a while before responding. Her face changed she now looked like she was about to bust into tears.

"He doesn't love me Eff. He's gone and there's nothing I can do about it" she whined before breaking into tears.
"Everything is going to be alright An" I said as I got up out of my chair to embrace her which was something we didn't for very often.
"I didn't eat for three days so I could be perfect." she sobbed into my shoulder.

"Oh Anya he was a douchebag from the start" I said squeezing her more tightly.

"I told him I loved him and he just, He probably thinks I'm mad."
"All the best people are" I replied trying to comfort her.
"I love him Eff."
"You know what " I was now pissed off with this gezza.
"I've decided I'm going to something about it" I said stepping away from her.

"What are you going to do?" She replied wiping tears off her cheeks.
"Well he's friends with that Sirius Black right? He's the one that's been trailing me around for the last week. I'm sure he'll know why his friends has been so rude".

I said picking up my bag. Before giving her one last hug.

"That boys going to get what's coming to him for laughing at my bestie".

I said nothing more before leaving the library to find him. I heard her shout at me.
"Be careful Effy!"

Me and careful didn't go well together.