Free as a Bird

"So?"

I said now sitting next to him on his bed.he didn't answer for a while like he was trying to think of something to say.

"Alright don't answer me" I said annoyed.

"How long as this been going on? Why her? Are you suffering a mid-teen crisis? What's Narcissa going to say when dhe find out?" I probably asked him a thousand questions. To none I got an answer.

He flopped his back on to his bed, with only his feet dangling off the side. I joined him and did the same. I might of been  angry but I still cared a lot about him. I was trying to be gentle to him. We lay in silence for a while before he spoke.

"I don't know what happened. She just came in her one second and the next we were making out. It just felt like it was a good thing to do but it wasn't. I'm not even that attracted to her, i think dje looks like a pig in all honesty" he said that last part and burst out laughing which made me laugh too.

After or laughing fit was over.
I replied "Do you think she'll tell Cissy?"

"Well I hope not, but if she did it wouldnt be the end of the world. There's something you need to know. Me and Cissy are..." he paused and took a deep breath.

"We ended it last week" he said it so fast that it took me a while to realise what he said.

"I didn't want to tell you just in case we got back together but now she's dating Lestrange" he said as his eyes started to water. I didn't know what to do but hug him.
This girl he loved that didn't care about him at all abd probably only saw their relationship as a way for they families to join.

All I could do was support him, we hugged for a long time until I pulled away.

"I can't stop thinking about her. I can't get her out of my mind. Who'd have thought I'd actually catch feelings? She might be a mean person, but underneath she's quite lovely. After all, it's not like our parents didn't force us to be together i just never thought I'd feel this way.

You know what? When I look back on my little childhood, I can't help think about all you've have done for me Effy. You've taught me how I shouldn't care about the liitle thing in life like money and clothes its true friendship that matters. You've looked after me. Cared for me. When my family has been distant.  Everytime something bad happens you've always been there. I repaid you by never returning the favor. I wish I was more like you Eff, you're as free as a bird, you're parents don't force you into relationships or tell you you've got to be good at everything, always be happy and never cry.  What have I got, really? Some money in my pocket. Some nice clothes. Fancy house at my disposal".

"I might be free and have no commitments,  but nobody depends on me. My life's my own. But I don't have peace of mind. I don't have a set goal in life or know what the hell I'm going to do after school.  You don't have that, you have got everything. We all care about you know? I'm sure Narcissa will come around and if not I'll always be here for you" I replied trying my best to be supported.
"I hope so I can't help but worry about what my parents will say when they found out we spilt it'll be even worse if they found out about me straying away from her and not trying my hardest. I'm just so tired".
I didn't respond with words I just held his hand to show I cared for him.

We sat for a while in peaceful silence. I thought about how our lives have changed so much and how soon we will be leaving Hogwarts and we'd be out in the world. While I'll be trying to make my own way he'll already have everything and will probably have the peaceful life that I so wish to have. But trouble seems to find its way always back to me.

"Omg look at the time it's nearly time for dinner and I've missed my perfects meeting as well!" He jumped off the bed.

I laughed
"It still shocks me that you play this goodie-two-shoes in school while when deep down you're as bad as Me."

Sorry this chapter is short, but I thought this was a good place to end it. Please