Ch. 18

Today Asgore called you three into his office. It had been a few weeks since the incident. But today, you all were going on a secret mission together.

You were to go to the Chirra base, a dangerous Mafia outside of our territory that plans to wipe out all the monsters with a virus. This Mafia is human controlled, and any monsters in their territory is either kicked out of town, or killed.

You all got a file with the information. Sans and you went to your room and got packed. Guns, knifes, ropes, escape plans, and more. When you met back up with Hazel, she looked ready for anything. You bid good bye to Asgore, told Alphys that you'll be back for anime night, and headed out with a goal in mind and the people you trust by your side.

Sans had teleported you all out of town, and into the woods outside of the Chirra territory. From there, you walked into town, hiding Sans and keeping your cool. Hazel would collect info from the town residents, and you would keep Sans hidden while trying to not punch someone. By nightfall, Hazel had informed us that the base wasn't too far away.

*Hazel's POV*

Sans decided that he would go ahead to scope out the area. I protested but he left without another word. Y/n and I took our time towards the base, having a normal conversation so people didn't suspect us. It was already about 8:55-9:00 pm.

When we got there, there were a bunch of guards in the front and on the roof. "Sans hasn't met up with us yet. It disturbs me so. What happened? Why is he late? He's never late. Especially with these kind of things." I saw that she was a little distracted. "Hey, it's okay. I'm sure he's fine." "Yeah, I guess, but, he isn't back yet. I'm worried. What if he needs help?" I stopped her before she could continue her rant to show her something. It was a guard or two, they were doing something. It looked like talking, more like yelling, at someone else. Two more guards ran towards them and then there was an opening near the entrance. I saw a shadow run into the entrance. It looked like Sans, but I'm not sure.

I snapped her out of her daze and grabbed her hand. We walked out of the bushes and towards the building. The guards were still around the side of the building, so that left a time limit of entry. She pulled off her jacket and was ready to grow her wings, when I saw something out of the corner of my eye. A figure on the left of us was watching. Very carefully and subtly, she threw the jacket onto her shoulder and made it look casual.

Y/n saw the figure too, but decided to check it out. I warned her not to, but she insisted. "I want you to go inside, I'll meet you in there, I promise." She left me and started over the bushes. I checked to see if the coast was clear. Before I bolted inside, I looked behind me and saw y/n still walking towards it.

I ran inside and hid behind every corner, and every shadow. Only disappearing when I need it and climbing up walls and avoiding cameras. By the time I got to the center, there was no one in the building. It was deserted. So quiet. No noises.

There was a really long hallway. Many different doors. Most locked. There's one at the end of the hallway. Big and metal. No one guarding it. I walked over to it,cautiously. It seemed a little too easy. When I reached the door, it was unlocked. I opened it slowly, and was greeted by darkness. There were no lights, no windows, just objects within the dark.

I turned on my flashlight and looked around. There was a desk with papers, filing cabinets, chairs and a bigger chair behind the desk facing away from me. I walked over behind the desk and turned the chair. There was a note.

If you want your friends back, go to the third door on your left. Walk down the stairs and turn right. There will be two chairs. You will have a choice. Leave your weapons here. No over clothing. I will be watching.

I took all my knifes and guns off and put them all on the desk. If I need to, I could come back here and grab one. I head out and follow the note's instructions. What did he mean by 'You will have a choice'? What am I getting myself into?

When I reached the bottom of the stairs, I see on my right, the chairs. In one is Sans. In another, is y/n. How did they get here? I walked towards them. There was a stool in front of them. On it was another note and a syringe.

Pick one to poison. If you don't, I will.

A tear slid silently down my cheek. Sans made a noise, he was waking up again. He lifted his head and saw me. He tried to stand up but was caught by the chair he was tied down to. "Hazel? What's going on?" I showed him the note and cried silently. I don't want to poison Sans, and I can't poison Y/n either. Maybe there is an alternative.

"What are you going to do?" I looked at him with sad eyes as I plunged the syringe into my own arm. "I'm going to save you both." I pushed down the liquid in my arm. Sans was struggling and saying something, but I couldn't hear him. My vision blurred and everything went dark. I took one final breath before the poison reached my lungs. "I'm.. sorry Sans...."