Ch. 2

As I pushed open the big door, I started to think of why this boss guy wanted me. Probably for nothing good. I walked in and saw a big desk on the other side of the room, a few chairs here and there, and a big window behind the desk. The chair spun around to show a goat guy in a suit. "Heh, why would I expect anything less?" I said, putting my hands in my jacket pockets smiling up at him.

"Hello y/n, nice of you to stop by." I shut the door. "Hey Asgore, long time no see am I right?" "Heh, yeah. How have you been?" "Ehh, alright I guess, been living in the same building for a while now." I walked over to one of the chairs and sat down. "Now, the question is, how have you been?" "Haha, I've been doing quite well actually. But I didn't have Sans track you down for small talk." "Yeah, I thought so." "Y/n, I want to offer you a job and a stable home to live in. I know you are qualified for this position and I would love for you to work for me." "Ah, there it is. The question I've been waiting for." I got up and walked to one side of the room, turned to look back at him and started pacing slowly across the floor. "Mr. Asgore, you do realize that you are endangering your people by including me in this, correct?" "Yes, I am aware of this. That's why this is perfect. I will have my strongest monsters to be your partners and if it gets out of hand, then they can stop you." I stopped pacing and turned to look at him in the eyes. "How do you know they can?" "..." "..." "Just trust me, Ok?" "Ok."

"So, will you join us?" "Hmm, I'm not sure." "But, y/n-" "Yes." "Wha-" "I said yeah. Sure, why not. Not like I have anything better to do with my life." "*ahem* ok, I'll get Sans to take you to your new room. You didn't have anything that you wanted from your 'old house' did you?" "Just this jacket." "Ok, I'll call Sans."

Sans arrived and took me to an unoccupied room that had a medium closet, dresser, desk, mirror, small window, and a twin sized bed. "Here ya go kiddo, enjoy." "Thanks Sans." He left and closed the door. I plopped myself on the bed and starred at the ceiling until I heard a knock at my door. I walked over to it and opened it revealing the fish lady from earlier. "Hey punk, heard you were the one we were looking for. What did boss want with ya anyways?" I rubbed the back of my head nervously. "He uhh, wanted me to join y'all." There was a smirk spread across her face. "That's great. Hey, do you want to come down for some lunch?" "Uhh, yeah, sure, thanks." She smiled and held out her hand. "I'm Undyne by the way! And I presume you're      y/n!" I grabbed her hand and shook it. "You are correct." She let go and we walked towards the dinning room.

Most of the monsters were staring at me when I reached the door. I just stood there and said "You like what you see or what?" Half of them blushed and the half looked mad, but also had a slight blush. Hehehe. I walked over to Undyne and sat at the table. "Hey punk, this is Alphys." She pointed to a yellow dinosaur that had on glasses and a white lab coat. "She's like a doctor around here." Then she pointed to the tall skeleton from earlier. "His name is Papyrus. He's a sniper." "What are you?" "Me? I'm nothing in particular, normally I just use my spears. What are you though?" "I can shoot most of the guns, and I can throw knifes, but I'm not in a specific category."
"That's cool."

I sat there talking about strategies and weapons, forgetting to even eat something. A bell rang which meant lunch was over. I headed back towards my room but was stopped by Sans. "Hey kiddo." "Hey Sans, what's up?" "You do know that it's bad to not eat right?" "Not really, I went a week without eating multiple times." "Doll, that's not good." "What else was I supposed to do? I was homeless, jobless, and no one to take me in. I had to steal and run for 3 longs years. I lived off of pick pocketing and begging... I would've done something else but it was too risky.....Anyways, I'm going to my room. Don't bother me." I walked off leaving a shocked Sans.

*Sans' POV*

3 years? That's how long we've been on the surface, has Asgore met her before and wanted to recruit her after finding about her state of living or did she just prove to be useful? I'll ask him later. Right now is 10 minute rest before we start training. As I walk towards my room, which is a few doors down y/n's, I see Asgore knocking on her door and asking to come in. I try to leave it be but curiosity got the best of me. Once she let him in and closed the door I walked over and listened to their conversation.

"10 minutes til training." "Do I have too?" "You must get stronger. But, you also need to put on some weight, you're so small and skinny." "I prefer it this way." "If you don't eat then you can easily get sick and or pass out." "Ok ok, fine. I'll eat something after training." "Eat something now, I brought you a cinnabun." "Thanks." "Now, on to training rules. No magic, no picking fights with the others, no getting hurt. Ok?" "*sigh* ok. What are we gonna train with then?" "Monsters with their magic or their weapon of choice, and for you, your knives and pistols." "Why?" "You're a good one with knives, Sans even told me that you almost hit his skull right between his eye sockets. Heh. And also, it won't be just 1 pistol at a time, I know how you like to use both of your hands so you will use two pistols at a time." "Ok. How do we train?" "Well, we have some targets and moving targets and a room with a realistic situation." "Ahh, Ok. So, let's recap, no magic from me at least, no picking fights, and no getting hurt."

"2 minutes til training. Would you like me to escort you there?" "Naw, Sans'll take me." "Ok, and remember, We don't want people freaking out over you so this'll be our little secret, alright?" "Alright, there's just one thing, we aren't the only ones that know. AIN'T THAT RIGHT SANS?!" Shit, I'm screwed. Y/n opened the door and I fell into the room because I was leaning on the door. "Sans, you know not to eavesdrop." "Heh, sorry sir." "Sorry doesn't cut it. You will now be y/n's guardian until I say you are not to, got it?" "Yes boss." "This means that you will watch her and make sure she doesn't get hurt, understood?" "Understood." I stood up and boss headed out leaving me and y/n in her room. "So, we gonna go to training or are you just going to stand there all day?" She asked with a smile on her face. "Heh, alright, lets go."