Ch. 8

Undyne's POV (Woah new)

I woke up from a faint piano playing. I wake Alphy and we decide to check it out. She stumbled a bit up the stairs but we made it to the third floor and saw a bunch of people crowd around the old music room and the piano was getting louder the closer we got. The door was closed so we didn't see who was playing the piano but we could still hear it. The melody was pleasant and a bit upbeat, but also sad and quiet. When the song finished, everyone outside the door cheered and the person squeaked when they heard they had an audience. One of the monsters turned the door handle and opened the door but when I went over to take a look, no one was there.

Your POV

I had finished playing my song and got up to talk to Sans on the other side of the room near the guitar when I heard cheering. My face went red and I ran over to Sans and silently freaked out. The door handle turned and Sans teleported us into my room because there is no way I'm letting anyone see me play. Except that one time at Grillby's. It was free food cut me some slack. Sans and I decided to wait in my room until we heard people walking down the stairs for breakfast. Our conversation was interrupted with a loud knock. "It's open!" The door opened to reveal a very happy Undyne. "What's up Undyne?" "Did you hear that pianist? They were amazing!" I looked over at Sans and he shrugged. "No, I guess we weren't really paying attention." "Too bad, they played this really cool song and when someone went to open the door, they weren't in there." I got up and went to my closet and pretended to search for something so I could hide my embarrassment blush until Undyne leaves. "So Sans, ready for the mission later?" Undyne asked Sans and I turned around, "What mission?" "Oh, Sans, Paps, and I are going to spy on someone." "Oh." I turned back to the closet and Undyne kept talking.

"Yeah, it's supposed to be another drug deal but our buddy downstairs said that the dealer was planning on shooting up the place and robbing it after the deal." "Oh, well, you guys stay safe alright?" "Don't worry, we'll be fine." "Princess, are you gonna be fine?" "Yeah, I'll just hang with Alphys, don't worry." "Ok." "BROTHER, UNDYNE, Y/N! BREAKFAST!" "God dammit Paps, you scared the shit out of me." Undyne held her chest because of how bad he scarred her. "Ahahahahahaha" Sans and I burst into laughter as Undyne walked out with a smiling Papyrus. "So, breakfast?" "Sure." Sans and I walk out of my room hand in hand and head to breakfast.

*Time Skip*

"Be safe, alright?" "Alright Princess." "Promise?" Sans took a second to respond, it kinda worried me, "Promise." Sans kissed my forehead and walked over to Undyne and Paps and got in the van and drove off. "*Sigh*, why wasn't I asked?" "H-hey y/n!" "Oh, hey Al! What's up?" "Well, I-I was just g-going to watch s-some anime, wanna j-join?" "Sure." Alphys and I walked to her room and we started watching mew mew kissie cutie 3.

*Time Skip*

Sans' POV

We were in the middle of a gun fight between the dealer and a few of the buyer's guards. Undyne had got shot in her arm and Papyrus was healing her, I was getting tired of shooting so I decided to use some magic attacks instead. I threw a few bones and threw a few people around. I had just threw a guard down when I felt immense pain in my shoulder. I flew back hitting the ground. Undyne grabbed me and Paps and her ran away towards the van. "Shit, shoulda brought y/n with us." "No, she has to be safe." "Shut it Sans, she would have thought of something before he started to shoot at us. Here paps, heal him, I gotta drive." Undyne threw me over to Papyrus and he took my jacket off to examine my shoulder. "JEEZ BROTHER, YOU SHOULD BE MORE CAREFUL." "Yeah, I shoulda put more.." "DON'T." "..backbone into it." "SANS I DISOWN YOU!" "*chuckle* Aww c'mon, you're smiling." "AND I HATE IT." Undyne stopped the van and opened the doors for us to get out, I pulled my jacket back on and got out. Paps didn't heal me during the ride so I was a little uneasy with walking. I teleported inside my room and went to the bathroom to check out the wound. I pulled my jacket off and unbuttoned the top of my shirt to move it so I could see my shoulder. There was a bullet hole in the front and out through my shoulder blade. It sill had some blood dripping from it. I heard the bedroom door open and yelled for Paps to come here.

"Hey Paps, could you come 'ere for a second?" I heard foot steps but they were quieter than his, I turned to see who it was and saw y/n in the door way. "Heh, I thought I'd be able to welcome you home downstairs, but when I didn't see you I slightly freaked out and asked Paps where you were, he didn't know so I checked my room, no luck, then I run over here and find you hurt." Her eyes were becoming glossy and she crossed her arms, "You promised you wouldn't get hurt." "Hey, It's ok, I'm not that hurt, look I can still walk around and I'm not bleeding 'that' badly. What's to worry about?" "*Mumble*" "What was that?" "I said, everything's to worry about, what if it didn't hit your shoulder?! What if you were hit somewhere worse and.. and I wasn't there to help? I didn't go on the mission with you so I was overthinking everything that could've happened." Tears started to drip down her face. "Princess I-" "*Quietly* I don't want to lose you too." I walked up to her and pulled her close, she hugged back and dug her face into my shirt. "I wouldn't want to lose you either, that's why I asked Asgore to not include you in the mission today. I was afraid that you were going to get hurt, or worse." She let go of me and dragged me back into the bathroom and examined my shoulder. "Undyne said you guys would've died if you stayed any longer." "Yeah, you would've delt with the situation better." "Why didn't you just stop everyone with your magic?" Her hands turned the faint s/c and placed them near my shoulder, "You didn't think did you? You just reacted. It was like, you had a plan of action, but once all hell broke loose, you just reflexively react, no thinking at all." "Kinda, yeah."

"Are you ok?" "What?" She looked up at me confusingly, "Are you ok?" "Shouldn't I be the one asking that question?" "Hmm, maybe. But, I don't think I've asked you that yet." "Oh, well, I'm not sure how I am." She finished healing me and walked out of the bathroom, "You however, are a very interesting specimen, your mind is such a mess indeed, please do rest up Sansy." She left my room and I just sat there in shock, did she, go through my mind or something? That would explain her moments of blush while we were talking. I change into some casual clothes and jump into bed.

*Your POV*

I can't sleep. Shit....

Drawing time!