1

"Mom, I said it's fine ! I am a grown up now ! Besides, I am with Jane and Rose ! Nothing can go wrong !"

Christina - who usually goes by the name of Gibby - hugs her mother a final time, before rolling her eyes and join her two childhood friends. 

Out of the three girls, Gibby has always been the calm one. Rose would run everywhere any time she crosses a dog's path, becoming very excited and lose track on what she really is doing. As far as Jane is concerned, she has always been out of this world : always lost in her thoughts, sometimes going crazy after stupid stuffs. Gibby loves to say Jane was made to be a keeper : keepers are their own species. 

The three friends finally find their dorm, around 45 minutes later. It is located just in front of the library, miles away from the entrance. They were glad to have found a room together, so that they wouldn't be separated despite the different paths they have taken. Gibby, who always has been an English literature fan, easily chose her classes. The same couldn't be said about Rose and Jane, who both had a hard time figuring out what thy would do. After months of stressing thinking, Jane finally went with mathematics and physics, while Rose chose to study Sports Management and economy. 

When they finally find the door number 67, they realize the door is wide open. Jane being the boldest one, she goes in first, only to find a brunette lying down on her bed. When that girl realizes her new roommates have finally arrived, she smirks and gets up on her feet. 

She gives her hand for Jane to shake. 

"Yo, I'm Steph, but you can call me McCaff or Decaff." the brunette energetically says, holding a smile back. 

The three girls, after saying their names, start settling, under the inciting look of Steph. Indeed, the girl likes to get to know people before actually become friends with them. Gibby notices that, and once she's done with her own stuff - she never was the kind of girl to bring her whole like with her. Only few clothes were enough - she faces the girl. 

Something then pops into her mind. 

"Hey, are you McCaffrey ? Forward for the Bruins ?" she suddenly asks, surprised. 

Jane and Rose also turn around, as Steph smirks. 

"Yah. But I prefer to be called-"

"We got it, Decaff" Rose says, rolling her eyes. "So, I guess we are an all-soccer players room then." 

Steph's eyes go wide, as she then smirks. 

"Yah, I knew that. Thanks dude."

"Do you know where the captain lives ?" Jane carefully asks, serious. She then takes a paper out of her bag and shows it to Steph. "It says we need to register to her before the first training, which takes place tomorrow."

The forward takes a look at the paper, and rolls her eyes. "I will take you guys here. Just hold on for a sec."

With that said, she grabs her phone and calls someone. As soon as the person picks up, Steph says : 

"Yo Kratchet, I need you to handle some rookies." 

As the voice on the other side of the phone doesn't look that happy, Gibby exchanges a quick look with Rose : they both know that the reputation of the girls from the soccer team is. They are said to be a very closed group, not liking newbies, even though they have some every year. 

When Steph hangs off the phone, she doesn't look happy. 

"Never mind, I'll come with you." she says, shaking her head. "We better hurry tho, she soon has a conference or some shit."

"O-okay." Jane says, surprised. 

They leave the room, closing it behind them. 

When someone knocks on the door, Becky groans : it's only 9 am, for fucks sake. She was supposed to get some sleep today. 

"I think that's for you, babe" a voice says next to the defender. 

Becky rolls her eyes and climbs on top of her boyfriend, kicking him in the process. Zola only rolls his eyes, before Becky says : 

"Visitors mean you're out"

The quaterback is used to this cold tone : he knows very well that his girlfriend has lost interest in him, and that it's only a matter of time before she leaves him. But for now, he just fucks her, and she enjoys it. That's it. But he knows very well that she has someone else in mind, someone she can't have. 

Actually not even from that university. He knows that because Becky has never been so caught up ever since the season ended. 

"See you tonight at the party" Zola says, before opening the door. 

When he finds himself face to face with four young girl, with no t-shirt on, he rolls his eyes and walks past them after coldly greeting Steph, who he doesn't like that much. The forward smirks, before going in. 

Becky sets her jaw. 

"You better have a good reason to come here, McCaffrey" she warns the younger girl, before giving her their usual handshake. 

Steph is not impressed. 

"I brought three newbies. I'm out now" she rapidly says, before exiting the room. While doing so, she pushes Jane and Rose inside, while Gibby gives her a reproaching look. The forward only smirks, before saying : "Oh, come on, don't give me that look : you're a grown-up now. Broon doesn't bite. See ya losers !"

With that said, she leaves the room. 

When Gibby turns around, she sees Becky is not quite a joker. The girl looks tough, but not mean though. Just, really serious. In other words, the perfect captain. When she takes a look at the files Jane handed her, the older girl looks serious. 

"Christina ?"

Gibby immediately takes a step forward. When Becky looks at her, she immediately realizes she's not in trouble. 

"That's gotta be me. But my friends call me Gibby."

"Good think I am not your friend." Becky harshly says, and the young defender looks like she's dying in the inside. From the corner of her eye, she can see Jane and Rose burst into laughter, before listening to what her new captain has to say. "... Yet. I kinda like you. I raise people like you." 

"Uhm, o-okay" Gibby stammers, confused. 

"So, you girls are all cleared : just show up at training on Monday, Wednesday and Friday, and everything will be alright. Coach Jill doesn't like late people, and her assistant Dawn doesn't like lazy people. Also, the girls are throwing a party tonight, you better show up if you wanna do a good impression. Just ask McCaffrey where Ash's dorm is. Now, get out of my dorm."

"T-thanks" Jane says. 

Few seconds afterwards, they are outside of a close door, looking at each other with confusion. Rose is the one breaking the silence : 

"Well, that went pretty well."

"Shut up" both Rose and Gibby order in the same time.