15

This is a short epilogue for What She Couldn't Say. Read authors note at the end for more info.

Status:

June 15th, 2016 11:08 am

To: Abigail

From: Liam

You're laying here next to me, your legs tangled mine as we listen to the slight hum of the television.

It's strange to think that we fell apart in the usual way, the worst way, and the stories got dust on every page. But here we are–months later–together.

I never should have done the things I did. But you forgave me. And for that, I'm eternally grateful.

As I lay here with you, I can't help but wonder if things had never changed, if I'd never fucked up, if I'd never hurt you. Would we have never broken up? Or would something else have torn us apart?

Look at me, worrying so much about things you can't change.

God, I love you so much Abigail James. I don't know where I'd be if you'd never come back into my life.

Goodness, I sound so cheesy. But you did always love the poetic side of me.

I know you're reading this over my shoulder, so I'll cut it short. And you just told me you love me. But this is what brought us together again.

If you'd never accidentally sent that one message, I never would have known how you felt. I was for sure you hated me, and maybe you did. But you found it in you to forgive me.

Receiving that message, I knew you were someone I wanted to spend the rest of my life with.

I love you. I love you. I love you.

[SENT]

•••

Third Person

Abigail laughed as she leaned over to see what Liam was typing.

"You're typing awful fast. Must be important."

He smiled, but kept on.

"I love you Liam. Thank you for everything." She said, rubbing his shoulders, her body now sitting up as she leaned into him.

"Are you texting me?" She said next, trying to catch his attention.

He kept on typing away.

When he was satisfied with the message, he stopped for a moment before looking up at her. He then hit send.

"Check your phone." He said, his own laugh coming out softly.

She looked at him confused.

You're laying here next to me, your legs tangled mine as we listen to the slight hum of the television.

"Liam..." She whispered, her eyes glued to the screen.

"Just read it."

And she did.

•••

Well that is the end of What She Couldn't Say. I was planning a mini sequel in Liam's POV, so hopefully that'll be out soon.

Xx, Bree