10

Status: Draft

February 26th, 2016 1:45 pm

To: Liam

From: Abigial

It's been over a week since you asked if you could sit with me at school.

I haven't been since.

Partly because I'm avoiding you, but also because I've been extremely sick.

You came over Monday night after school to see where I'd been, and my mother unfortunately let you in.

But you didn't get to speak to me.

As soon as I heard your voice, I pretended to be asleep. Just to save myself from the seemingly caring and heartfelt "get well soon"s I knew you'd throw my way.

You came up to my room, and you sat on the chair next to the window.

But what got me was that you started talking, even though you assumed I was sleeping.

You didn't get up and leave once you realized I wasn't going to respond.

Why did you do that?

"Abby...god I miss you so much. I wish I'd never done what I did. And I wish you'd just give me a second chance, but I also know that I need to earn your trust. Because you and I both know you don't trust me. Not that I've given you a reason to. I was such an ass. To you especially...She changed me, as much I don't want to admit it. I shouldn't have left you for someone like her...And now she won't leave me alone and I feel so terrible for pushing her away, but it's not the same as it was with you. I loved you. I still love you. I never loved Jasmine. I only did it for the popularity...which is a sorry fucking excuse but it's all I've got. I know you're sleeping and you won't hear this but I just can't not say my thoughts. I need to know that you'll eventually forgive me. And maybe, just maybe we can go back to how it was. I love you so much Abby...I'm so sorry."

You were silent for a while after that, and then you got up, walked over to my bed, and kissed my forehead, just like you used to.

I hate that I'm finding myself forging you so soon...

-----