01

Status: Draft

January 1, 2016 2:01am

To: Liam

From: Abigail

Do you remember the time we snuck out freshman year to meet up at that park near the school that all the cool kids went to?

It was eleven-thirty at night when you texted me to come outside.

And when I finally got the courage to go out my window, there you were, with your jacket in one hand and your mom's car keys in another.

You didn't have a license then and I still remember telling you how dumb you were for driving all the way to my house at night like that.

You shrugged your shoulders and pulled me to the car.

Once we got to the park, no one was in sight.

Which was odd, because everyone hung out there. No matter what time it was.

We knew how much trouble we'd get into if we got caught, but we didn't care.

It was just you and I, Liam. Us.

We got out of the car, and made our way to the swings. Do you remember?

You sat down and began talking.

Saying things like how you couldn't wait for graduation. We were only freshman Liam. How could you think that far ahead?

You told me how you couldn't wait to start a life with me when high school ended.

Though, we weren't more than best friends at the time, but you had it all figured out.

Or so you thought.

You were only fifteen and somehow you already had this plan for us.

How we'd go to UCLA together. We'd major in whatever our hearts desired.

How we'd find a house on some coast, along the beach and we wouldn't have a care in the world.

You said you couldn't imagine it any other way.

What changed?

Do you remember that Saturday night during Junior year when you knocked on my window?

You knew you could walk through the front door, but you wanted to be romantic and be the boy who taps on the girl's window in hopes that she'll open it.

I opened it.

You climbed through, and pulled me into a tight hug, burying your face into my neck and breathing in my scent.

"God Abby, you smell like heaven." You whispered, your breath hitting the skin of my neck.

I remember giggling, and looking down at the floor.

Do you remember what you did next?

I do.

You pulled my chin up with your finger and looked directly into my eyes. Then you leaned down and planted a soft kiss to my lips.

The first non friendly kiss we'd ever shared.

You know what you said after that?

"I don't think we can be friends anymore Abigail."

I remember feeling my heart break right then and there.

But that's not all you said.

"I want you Abigail Nicole James. I need you."

My eyes widened at your confession, and I remember pulling you back for another sweet kiss.

One of the thousands we'd share.

"And I want you Liam Todd Bradshaw."

I never thought we'd end up here.

How could things have gone so wrong?

It's January 1st Liam. And my New Years resolution is to finally get over you.

I've been wanting to write something like this for awhile now, but I never really knew if anyone liked the style so I didn't.

But I read a few books like this here on Wattpad and I absolutely loved them, so I'm taking my own idea and running with it.

xx, Bree