Flips and Tricks (Travis Pastrana)

Chapter 1

"Come on Kels! It will be fun!" my brother Nate begged me with those pleading green eyes of his. I sighed and looked over to Parks who had the same puppy dog face.

"We can't just invite ourselves Nathan! We haven't even met the guy before. it will be rude to just show up to his lake house for an entire weekend." I sighed and rubbed my temples while scowling at my brother and his best friend.

"Come on man! Bonifay said he didn't mind and told him he can bring guests." Nate said throwing his arm around Parks's shoulders.

"When will you ever get this opportunity again Kels?" Parks asked with a hopeful smile. "Besides, I thought he was like you role model or something."

"He is, but I just feel odd doing this ok?" I said shrugging my shoulders.

"Just go already Kelsey." my dad said stepping into the kitchen with us. I looked at him with a frown and he shook his head "You could use the break. You've had a rough season and this will only do you and Nate good."

"You see. Even dad thinks we should go." Nate said but I ignored him.

"But then you're going to be alone Dad?" I said a little worried. I hated my dad being alone.

"I'll be ok kiddo. Go, its just two nights." my dad said kissing my head. I sighed and smiled up at me dad.

"Fine" I groaned "I'll go."

"Whooo! Yeah!" Nate and Parks yelled and they did a little chest bump. I rolled my eyes and turned around to head up the stairs and to my room to go pack for the weekend.

So that's how I found myself in this sticky mess. My name was Kelsey McKeen I was the younger sister to Nathan McKeen and daughter of the legendary motorsports competitor Kenneth McKeen. It was because of him that I got into motocross in the first place. He was my mentor and my teacher and made me what I was today.

I competed in motocross, supercross and freestyle motocross along with wakeboarding competitions, but the wakeboarding kind of came from my mom. I never knew her since she passed away giving birth to me. My mom was Lacy Williams McKeen, pro skier. I admired her so much even though I never got the chance to meet her. I loved watching old video's of her skiing.

I always felt sorry for Nate. I felt like I took her away from him. He doesn't remember her since he was barely two when she passed away. People often think we're twins since we looked a like. Both had the same shade of green eyes and straight dark brown hair. Our facial features were similar but his was more masculine since he was a guy after all.

"Are you ready to go Kels?" Parks asked from my doorway.

"Uh yeah I think so" I said double checking if I had everything I needed.

"Don't forget you board. I know how much you hate using a board you don't know." he said with a chuckle.

"Oh shit yeah thanks Parks" I smiled and walked over to my closet to grab my hyper lite board. I had it custom made with all my favorite colours which were pink, purple and black. The board itself was black with weird pink and purple shapes on it. It suited me.

"Now come on. We're going to be late for the flight if we don't leave now." Parks said grabbing my bag from me and headed down stairs.

"i still can't believe you guys booked the flight without me even agreeing." I said following Parks down the stairs. Him and Nate have been best friends since I can remember. Parks was the main reason Nate and I both became pro's in wakeboarding. At first it was just a hobby for us until Parks encouraged us to compete. Nate was pretty sick at it where I was just above average. My true love was motocross.