Chapter Thirty Three - The Madhouse

"So tell me Devil, why exactly are you here? I know you, and you're not one to get caught." Floyd asked as he sat down on the floor and lent his back against the concrete wall. "Well us Sirens were-" "Wait, you're part of the Sirens?" He interrupted. "Yes... anyway. We were planning on robbing Gotham Mall, but once we got inside Harley set off the alarms and got us caught." I explained. The sleeves on the jumpsuit I'm wearing are really itchy, I don't know how the inmates can stand wearing this thing. On my way in here i noticed a lot of the other inmates had ripped bits of their jumpsuits, so i guess i can do the same. I took the jumpsuit off leaving me in the white singlet top and shorts, and ripped the jumpsuit in half making it pants and a top. I slipped the orange pants on and sat back down on the bed. "You've been in a situation like that before, so why didn't you just escape?" He asked. He's right, I could have used my wings to fly away. But I couldn't abandon the girls like that, they're my friends. My best friends, and best friends stick together, even if it means being sent to this madhouse. "They're my friends Floyd, I couldn't ditch them." I shrugged. "It's good to see you again. Haven't seen you since you joined the circus." He chuckled slightly. "They're not that bad you know. At least I haven't gone insane, right." I stated. But it's true, as mad as those two drive me I've managed to keep my sanity. Though I have done some insane stuff since i've met Jack, I mean I have fallen in love with a psychopathic clown for god sake. Only someone insane could do that, just ask Harley. "True." He sighed.

Suddenly both our doors opened and three guards walked into both of our cells. They cuffed my hands and lead me out of the cell and down the hallway, Floyd following behind me also in cuffs. After a bit of walking the guards brought us into a large concrete room, filled with heaps of inmates. I scanned the room trying to find any of the girls, but I couldn't see any of  them. The guards then un-cuffed me and left the room. "What is this place?" I asked Floyd as he walked up beside me. "This is what the guards call the 'activity room', but us inmates just call it 'the room where you get to beat each other up in'." He chuckled as we walked over to the far corner of the room. I recognised a lot of the inmates here, which trust me isn't a good thing. All the men I recognised stared daggers at me, mentally telling me they were going to kill me right here right now. "What's with all the looks?" Floyd asked, gesturing nearly everyone in the room. "They're all pissed off at me." I said casually. "Can you do anything without pissing someone off?" He asked jokingly. "Eh, it's an occupational hazard." I chuckled. "But uh, those guards aren't going to let them beat me up right? Cause they'll kill me." I asked gesturing the guards posted at every door in the room, a little worried. "The guards are only here to make sure we don't get out. The don't give a shit to what we do to each other in here." Floyd explained. Great, that makes me feel a whole lot better."Well, I'm not making it out of here alive." I sighed.

"Well well well, looky who we have here ay? If it isn't Gotham's little Angel." Jonnas, on of the many men here who want to kill me said. About ten or so other guys came up behind him and circled around Floyd and I. "Oh hey Jonnas, long time no see. Did you get a new hair cut? A lot better than the mop you used to have on your head." I said, his face turning red. "You know that's not helping right?" Floyd whispered. "You, girly, owe me and a lot of my friends here a shit load of money. So you start giving or we start beating." Jonnas threatened. "Quick question. How am I supposed to give you money while we're locked up in here?" I asked, sounding like the smart ass I am. "You must seriously have a death wish." Floyd chuckled. "Mmm hmm." I smiled, nodding my head. "Get her!" Jonnas yelled as him and his men came charging towards me. They all started throwing punches at me, and I tried my best to block them but that's kinda hard when i'm being hit left right and center. I soon felt blood drizzling down the side of my face and my arms. I kicked one of the guys in the face, knocking two of them flying. I punched three other guys in the face, and kicked three others where it counts. After a bit of kicking and punching it was finally just Jonnas and I. I grabbed his throat and pushed him up against the wall. "Who you calling girly?" I asked, then I punched him hard in the face. He dropped to the ground, unconscious, and the only sound I could hear was the men that weren't completely knocked out moaning and groaning in pain. "I know better than to ever call you that." Floyd chuckled, looking quiet entertained. "You know, it would have been nice to have some help right?" I asked as he continued chuckling.  Floyd and I walked away from the group of groaning men and sat against the opposite wall. We sat there and talked to each other, catching up on each other's lives. "I've been given a job from this guy and he needs quiet a few people killed. Once your uh friend gets us out of here I was wondering if you wanted to help me with it?" He asked. I'm quiet a well known assassin in Gotham, and Dead Shot and I have done quiet a lot of work together. To be honest we make a pretty dang good team. "Sure. That is if the clown breaks us out. I don't even know if he's even looking for me." I shrugged, frowning a little. "By what you've told me about how he treats you, I'm sure he's looking for you right now."

~Joker's POV~

I sat silently at my desk, my head rested in my hands. The office door slowly creaked open and the sound of someone walking towards me filled my ears. "Where is she?" I growled, knowing it is Frost. "We found her, all four of them actually. They're in Arkham Asylum." He explained as i slowly raised my head to look at him. "And uh why haven't your men gone and got them out!" I said as calmly as i could but ended up shouting the last three words. I starting to really get annoyed at these bunch of idiots that work for me, they just a bunch of dumb asses. "Uh well, we haven't exactly pin pointed all there locations. They should of had their cell numbers up on the asylum files by now, but for some reason they haven't yet. Maybe because-" "I don't care about the other three, i just want Maddie!" I shouted at him. "Go try again!" I ordered. "We've tried six times already boss. I don't think they're putting the inmate files on their computers anymore. I think they're putting them on hard copy files, so then people can't hack into them." He tried explaining. I am so sick of these amateurs, they have no idea how to do anything right. If these idiots aren't going to find my angel, then  i will. "Three hours after the news has said that the Joker has been sent to Arkham i want all of your men to come get me and Angel out. Shoot all the guards, fill the air vents with gas, heck nuke the place for all i care, just get me and Maddie out. I also couldn't care less if you get the other three out, but Maddie and i are the main priority." I explained. Frost nodded, then left the room. "Must i do everything myself?"