Chapter Three - Friends

I quickly turned around to see Joker and..... Harley Quinn. "Harley!" "Maddie?" We ran up to each other and  we both collided, hugging the other one tightly. Harley, or Harleen, and I have been best friends for a very very very long time. We did nearly everything together. But then he had to come around and ruin everything. After that fateful day when Harley broke Joker out of Arkham, I never saw her again. He took away my best friend, and now look at her. "I'm sorry, am I missing something here?" Joker asked as we pulled away. "Awe Puddin, Angel here is my best friend." Harley smiled. Joker looked really annoyed for some reason. "What are you doing here Maddie?" Harley asked, the smile disappearing off her face. The nerves of this guy, not even telling her. "Why don't you ask your stupid boyfriend?" I mumble, mainly to myself. "He," Harley pointed to the clown, "Is not my boyfriend. I just work with him." She stated, wrapping her arm around my neck and leading me towards the warehouse. "I thought you two were a thing." I asked, slightly confused. I looked over at Joker, who was yelling at some of his men. He seemed as if he was about to kill them. "Yea we were, but then I finally realised it was a one way relationship. He never loved me back, so I broke up with him, somewhat." She said, proudly. I studied her for a minute, looking at every way she had changed. The pink and blue hair, the pale skin, the different personality, even different wardrobe choice. Very different wardrobe choice. "So, why'd you stay?" I asked, knowing it wasn't really any of my business. "Because I know I can't change, and even if I try, I'll just get taken to Arkham." She sighed. I felt sorry for her. I get what she means, and I'm the same. We've now made our reputation as criminals, and there's nothing we can do to change that. Nothing. I didn't really know how to reply, so I just nodded. I flinched when someone placed their hand on my shoulder. "Hey, it's okay. It's just me." Aston smiled. "Um Harley, boss wants you to show Maddie her room, nothing else." Aston said to Harley, taking his hand off my shoulder. I don't know why, but I had this sort of safe feeling when ever Aston was near. "Of course!" Harley said excitedly, slightly jumping up and down.

"And this is my room." Harley said, leading me into a red and black room. I looked around, you could definitely tell it was Harley's room. Her famous red and black diamond pattern spray painted all over the walls, a black bed with a red cover. Guns, knives and her famous bat lying all over the floor. "You like?" She asked, sitting on her bed. "Yea." I answered. Honestly I wouldn't design my room like this, but it was still nice. "Come on I'll show you your room!" She quickly jumped off her bed and ran out the door, me trailing slowly behind her. Up the dark old hallway she stood outside a wooden door. Once I reached her she opened the door and we both walked in. It kinda looked like my room back at my apartment. Black walls and a black bed cover. I noticed the wardrobe was full of black, grey and some purple clothes. I guess it was alright for a temporary stay."You like it?" Harley asked. I shrugged my shoulders and walked over to the bed. I sat down, it was pretty firm, but it will do. There was a sudden knock on the door. It slowly opened and Aston walked in, with a blood dripping from his face. "Aston are you okay?!" I asked, rushing over to him. "Uh, yea. I'm fine. Boss just...well...you know what he's like." He said, shrugging it off like it was nothing. In the corner of my eye I saw Harley smirking at something, God knows what though. "Well I..urgh...got business to do. See ya later." She smiled, casually strolling out of the room. We stood there in an awkward silence, him staring at me and me staring at the ground. "Um, boss wants you in his office." He mumbles. This could either be bad or really bad, either one I'm not looking forward to it. Being the quiet person I am, I just nodded and followed him out. He lead me back down the hallway and down some old stairs to another hallway. At the end was a wooden door with a red smile painted on it. Aston knocked on the door, looking sad and a bit scared. "What!" What I guessed was Joker yelling from inside the room. Aston pushed the door open and took a small step forward. "She's here." He said simply. Joker smiled devilishly and stood up from the desk he was sat at. The room definitely looked like Joker was in it a lot. A desk was placed at the far end with papers scattered all over it, what looked to be blueprints and plans all pinned to the walls, and on the other end of the room was a metal table and a bench along the wall. Joker walked over to me and unexpectedly stabbed me with a needle.

My body suddenly went numb and I fell to the ground, but still conscious. I had no control, I couldn't move at all. Joker lifted me up from under my arms and dragged me towards the metal table. He lifted me up and slammed me onto the table, strapping my head, arms and legs down with something. He leaned over so I could see his face, a horrid smile painted on it. "Wh-what are you g-gonna do?" I stuttered slowly. He lent over so his lips were inches away from my ear. "To make sure everyone knows that you're mine." He answered. What the heck does that mean?! He stood back up straight and walked off somewhere, towards where the bench was. I heard him grab something then walk back over to me, humming a stupid tune. Whatever he's about to do, I know he's going to enjoy it and I'm definitely not. He turned on whatever it was he grabbed and a sudden sharp pain struck the left side of my neck. I tried screaming, but nothing came out. The only sound I could hear was the Joker laughing maniacally. I didn't bother trying to escape, what's the point? I was strapped down to a table for gods sake. The pain was horrific, unbearable, yet slightly addicting. After about ten minutes, he stopped. He put back the object and just left the room, leaving strapped to the table. "D-d-ick..." I managed to stutter softly. As soon as he left, someone else ran in. "Oh my gosh! Maddie are you okay?" Harley asked frantically, quickly unstrapping me. I slowly sat up, nodding my head. From a worried look on her face to a shocked, she opened her mouth to speak but no words came out. "Oh my god." She managed to say. What the heck did he do!? Harley quickly ran out of the room, then returned with a mirror in her hand. "Do you wanna see?" She asked. Oh god now I'm in for it. She raised the mirror up so I could see my neck. 'Property Of The Joker' was tattooed in cursive writing on the left side of my neck, and it was very noticeable. "That clown branded me!" I said loudly, almost shouting. I'm starting to regret my choice of working for him.