Chapter Twenty Eight - Gone

~Joker's POV~

I could hear voices in the living room, and then the front door open and close. I could recognise the voices, Maddie and Harley, but i couldn't hear what they were saying. Harley better not have told her what i said. And who left? I hope it was Harley, so then i can have some time with my angel. Deciding that i had had enough work for one day i left my office and walked into the living room, but surprising met by Harley. Wait, what? "Where's Maddie?" I asked her, quickly scanning the room. When i looked back at Harley she looked nervous and a little upset. "Harley?" I repeated, starting to get annoyed. "Technically i didn't tell her, she over heard us talking." She explained, her voice a little shaky. Oh god no. "Harley! Where is she?!" I shouted at her, now loosing my patients. I then realised she was holding a bag in one hand, and a box in the other. "She's... she's gone." She sighed. I could feel the rage boiling up inside of me. How could she leave me? I thought i had finally convinced her that i love her, but i guess not. "She left you this though." She handed me the bag. Harley opened the box and a gold choker was inside, which read 'Harley Q'. I pulled a small box out of the bag and opened it. Inside was a gold ring, on the outside it had my actual name engraved on it and on the inside i noticed it had her name engraved. This is all i have left of her, my angel. I put on the ring, promising myself i would never take it off. "They're beautiful." Harley said in awe. I threw the box and bag onto the floor and stormed up into my room. I should have told her. I should have told her that i love her, but now i'm too late. She'e gone.

~Angel's POV~

It's nearly been a month since I left. I've met up with Harley a few times, but not many. She said that Jack isn't letting her come see me because he blames her for me leaving. Pam and Selina have let me stay at their place, which is sweet of them. It's nice the three of us, a few nights a week we will go out and cause trouble and Harley will join us if she can. But I've noticed Jack hasn't had any action lately, wait let me rephrase that, he hasn't had any action at all. I'm sort of worried for him. I haven't heard on the news that he got caught and sent to Arkham, if he did it would definitely have been on the news. Oh well, I guess. Currently I'm sitting in the living room with Pam, Selina had to go out and do something but she didn't specify what. "Um Pam, I'm just gonna go down to the shops quickly and get some stuff, okay." I said as I got off the couch. "Sure thing flower." She smiled. Each of the girls have given me their own nicknames. Pam's is flower, Selena's is kitten, and Harley's is Puddin. I grabbed my jacket and headed out the door and out of the building. I didn't really need anything, I just wanted a bit of fresh air. Don't get me wrong, I love staying with the girls, but their apartment has a mixed smell of cat and flowers. Trust me, they don't smell good together. As I was walking I accidentally bumped into someone and they knocked me to the ground. "I'm so sorry I didn't..." I paused as I looked up and saw who it was. "Jonny?" I asked as he helped me back up. "Angel, just the person I've been looking for for the past month. We need to talk." He said in a serious tone. I nodded and we headed into the nearest cafe.

"What's wrong?" I asked as we sat down. "You did it." He had worry in his voice, but still a lot of seriousness. "I did what?" I asked leaning forward in my seat. "You broke the Joker. He's...he's not himself lately. He hasn't left his room, he hasn't eaten or had anything to drink, and sometimes when I walk in there he has a gun pointed to his head." He explained. Harley told me that he was acting a bit different, but this is urgent. "And what can I do?" I asked, looking down at my necklace. It's the one Jack gave me, and I haven't taken it off since I left. Don't get me wrong, I'm angry at him for what he did, but deep down I still care about him. "Come back." He said plainly. This is going to have to take good thought. I left for a reason, and I can't just come crawling back. But Jack needs me. "Okay." I whispered, nodding my head slightly. "I'll quickly get my stuff from the apartment I'm staying at, then you can take me back." I sighed as we both stood up. We walked out to his car which wasn't to far away, got in and made our way to the apartment. When I walked inside I realised neither of the girls were home. I gathered all my stuff and left them a note explaining where I was going. I don't exactly regret making this decision, but I'm not exactly happy about it either.

We pulled up at the warehouse and we got out of the car. Jonny grabbed my bags for me and i  followed him inside. It was dead silent in here, you would think the warehouse was abandoned or something. "Maddie?" I heard a familiar voice. I turned around to see someone who seemed extremely excited for my presence. I smiled as we ran to each other and hugged. "Hi Harls." I said softly. She pulled away and had a confused expression on her face. "Why are you...what are you... oh, Joker! You have to go see Joker!" She said quickly as she grabbed me arm and pulled me upstairs. She was running quickly up the stairs i almost tripped over. As soon as we got up to the top of the stairs she stopped, i don't know why though. She started shaking as she slowly walked towards the door to his room, she was still holding my arm and pulling me along. She hesitantly raised her hand and knock three times on the door, her grip on my arm increasing. "What!" I heard Jack snap from inside. Harley opened the door slightly so she could see in, but i couldn't see him. "There's someone here for you." She said nervously. I suddenly heard a gun click and Harley took a step back. Is he pointing a gun at her? I gently pushed Harley out of the doorway and i stood where she was standing. I almost fainted at the sight in front of me. Broken glass bottles that used to be filled with alcohol scattered all over the floor, along with knives and a few guns. Jack looked a complete mess. His hair was all messy, his lipstick and eye shadow was all smudged, his clothes were all dirty, he had bags under his eyes and his eyes were all red as if he had been...crying?  The expression on his face, it was priceless. He looked  like he had just seen a ghost or something. "Maddie..."