Chapter Thirteen - Good Way To Make Enemies

We both waited out the front for Ivy and Selina to pick us up, me in a black tank top, black ripped jeans and black combat boots, and Harley in her jester outfit. Jack had left about five minutes ago, and didn't exactly know that we where leaving...again. Aston was with him, and he promised me that he would send me a text on my phone when they're on their way back. Jack doesn't exactly know I have my phone, and I'd like to keep it that way. "Yay, they're here." Harley said excitedly, jumping a little. "Hello kittens, hop in." Selina purred as she stopped the car in front of us. Harley sat in the front next to Selina and I sat in the back. "Where's Ivy?" I asked Selina as I shut the car door, not bothering about putting on my seat belt. Another thing about being a criminal; you don't care about seat belts. Selina quickly changed the gears and sped back down the dirt road. "She had to leave Gotham for a few days. Something about seeing an old friend, I don't know. I was waking up from a cat nap when she was explaining." She explained, speeding up a bit more. I hope she doesn't get herself into any serious trouble. "So, what ya wanna do then?" Harley asked, pulling out a small mirror from god knows where and re-applying some black lipstick. How can someone wear so much makeup? "Actually, I need your help, both of you. You see a couple of weeks ago I had...claimed a beautiful diamond necklace. Last night I discovered that my necklace had been stolen by someone, or someones. And I know exactly who took it off me. What do ya say?" Asked Selina, looking at me then Harley then back at the road a few times. By now we where around the middle of the City, and since it was night no one was around. "Yea sure, anything for you Selina." Harley giggled, fiddling with the mallet in her hand. Then they both looked back at me. "Sounds like fun, count me in. Though we gotta hurry, we gotta get back before Joker does." I said, nodding slightly. "Let me guess, he's out and doesn't know you're with me. You must really have a death wish Angel." Selina smiled, turning to go down a road. This road leads you to where all the old abandoned factories are, and I know who's base is down here. Harvey Dent, or as Gotham now knows him as Two-Face.

We parked behind on of the buildings, a few blocks away from Harvey. Selina had gone through the plan with us. Harley and I will distract Harvey and his goons, while she gets her necklace. She had tracked down exactly where he was keeping it, all thanks to the tracking device she had put on it before it was stolen off her. I like the way Catwoman works. Smart, sneaky, quick. Like a cat I suppose. Harley let me borrow one of her spare masks that looked pretty close to mine, just so no one in there would recognise me. After about five minutes of sneaking around the factories we finally arrived at the one where Harvey was. Except this wasn't just any normal factory, oh no. This was Ace Chemicals. Of all the creepy old buildings here he had to pick this one, didn't he. I started to feel really nervous about coming back here. I'm not afraid of falling in the vaults because I guess I'm immune to the chemicals now, as is Harley and Joker. I guess it's just a really creepy place. "Hey, you okay?" Harley asked, placing her hand on my shoulder. "Yea, just thinking about last time I was here. You remember that?" I said, giving her a reassuring smile. "Maddie, how could I forget." Harley smiled back, laughing a little bit. Suddenly I felt my phone buzz in my pocket. I pulled it out and read the text from Aston.

(Aston) hey, where are you? Just wanna check up on you
(Maddie) at Ace Chemicals with Harley and Catwoman, please don't ask and please don't tell Joker
(Aston) I made a promise to you Maddie, and I'm not gonna break it

I smiled at Astons response, I know I can trust him. I trust him as much as I trust Harley. "Who ya texting?" Selina asked, pulling out her whip. I'm guessing so she can pull herself up to the top of the factory which is where she needed to go. "My friend Aston." I smiled. "He's one of Mistah J's henchmen, and I think he's a bit more than a friend Maddie." Harley smirked, chiming in. Is that true? Do I think Aston as more than a friend? I guess I do kinda like him, but that feeling is different to what I feel towards Jack. Urgh I'm so confused. Both of the girls giggled while I just rolled my eyes. "Let's just get this necklace huh, enough about me." I said as seriously as I could, but I couldn't help but laugh a bit. Selina wrapped her whip around a railing and pulled herself up, and after a few times of doing that she then entered an open window. Now Harley and I just have to find Harvey. We walked around the front of Ace Chemicals and went through the rusty iron doors, which to our surprise was not being guarded. Something about this doesn't seem right, but I just can't put my finger on it. We walked in and the scent of acid entered my nostrils. It was not a pleasant smell, let me put it that way. We looked around but still no guards. No guards, no henchmen, no Harvey, no one. Yea something is seriously up. As I was about to say something to Harley I felt a sharp pain on the back of my head and suddenly everything went black. Yep this can't be good.

I slowly opened my eyes, feeling a bit dizzy. That's when I realised my hands and feet are tied up, and i'm hanging upside down, over a vault of green chemicals. Crap. I looked around, and to my right was Harley, tied up like me but she was still unconscious. Suddenly my phone buzzed again. With my luck it's probably Aston saying they're on their way back. Crap. Just crap. Suddenly Harley's eyes opened and she started squirming like a worm that's been cut in half. "Hey Harls, welcome to the party." I said sarcastically. She stopped squirming and turned her head to look at me. "How long you been awake for?" She asked, her face turning red, as I imagine mine is doing the same. "Only a few minutes." I answered, looking back at her. She sighed softly and looked around the room, which had at least 20 henchmen down on the ground but still no Harvey, or even Selina. "Well I got good news for ya," I said sarcastically, meaning this definitely wasn't good news. "Joker's on his way back to the hideout." Harley then looked really scared. She of all people would know what Joker is like when he's mad. "Well he's gonna get a hell of a surprise when we're not there to greet him." She sighed. Suddenly the sound of footsteps walking on the metal platforms echoed through the room. Oh no. "Hello ladies." A deep voice growled. Harvey. "Well this is definitely a good way to make enemies. Breaking into my hideout for absolutely no reason at all." He growled, walking to an area of the platforms where we could see him. "Technically, you don't own this place, the government does." I snapped at him. His once calm face was now looking pretty angry, good job Angel, good job. "I don't care about the government, I care about you two trespassing and distracting me from my work!" His voice echoed through the large room, shouting the end part. Well, at least we distracted him. "Oh come on Harv, what are ya gonna do to us?" Harley asked in an innocent tone, pulling an innocent look. "Well then, we'll just have to find out, won't we?" He said, smiling evilly. The one time I wish Jack was here, he's not. "Well well well Harvey, long time no see old friend." A familiar voice echoed. Scratch that, he's here. Harley and I both looked down to see Joker smiling the same as Harvey, but when he looked up at us he looked extremely pissed. Expect to be tortured when you get back to the hideout Maddie, that is if you get out of this alive.