27 : Conflict

Jerome's POV
Vikk stood up, his face red in anger.

"What does he mean by 'I'm not coming'? Lachlan's his friend too! I can't believe he would be this selfish!" Vikk said, as he glanced at Lachlan, his mood turning sad again.

"I... I'm just going to go out for a while," he muttered, and took his phone with him, mumbling something to Lachlan before leaving. I sighed, as Mitch turned to me, not talking as usual.

"I swear, Mitch. You're going to be mute if you don't talk," I said. Mitch flinched a little.

"Thanks for the insult," he replied, his voice hoarse due to not talking for so long. Lachlan's mum and dad yelled for us to have lunch since they're preparing for the burial of Lachlan.

"I'll go and ask Vikk to come back," I mumbled, and went outside, stumbling down the stairs and regaining my balance. I could see Vikk flailing his arm while the other one held the phone.

"Vikk?" I jogged towards him, keeping a distance so that he won't hit me with his arm. He was so engrossed in the call that he didn't hear me.

"You do know that Lachlan's here, right? And you didn't even care?!" He yelled, as he used his hand to angrily wipe his tears away. Upon seeing me in front of him, he stopped me from talking. I stood in front of him, as the person at the other end sounded as angry as Vikk as well.

"So you mean he's more important than Lachlan? Preston!" Vikk growled, and shock covered his face as Preston hung up the call on him.

"Fuck it!" Vikk threw the phone on the roads, attracting several attentions from others. When they realised I was glaring at them, they frantically looked away, and went back to whatever they were doing. Vikk stormed back to the comforts of his own home, while I picked up his phone, realising that the screen protector has been badly damaged. I took it anyways, knowing Vikk would want it back afterwards.

I entered the house, and joined Lachlan's parents for lunch. Vikk was seated beside Lachlan's father, and Mitch was sitting beside Lachlan's mum. I took the last seat.

We are in silence, not a word transferring between us. It wasn't really a very comfortable silence, just a little awkward, as we were reminded by Lachlan's absent due to the quiet atmosphere, without Lachlan's loud laugh and his Australian accent. Without Lachlan's bright blue eyes darting around and his blonde hair covering one of his eye.

It felt so empty.

After lunch, Vikk pulled Mitch and I to the side.

"What happened to Preston? I get that he needs to take care of Rob, but at least he should come!" Vikk said angrily, running his hand through his jet black hair. I stood in silence, with Mitch constantly fidgeting beside me.

"I tried, but then..." I trailed off.

"I have to talk to him, not now, but after this whole... Lachlan thing," he mumbled, his anger and confidence gone and all that's left is the quiet, shy Vikk what we usually knew.

"Let's go, Vikk. Mitch and Jerome, you're invited to join us, but if you don't want to then no pressure," Mrs Power said as she wiped tears away. Vikk joined them, and left to see Lachlan for the last time, to bid him goodbye.

"You want to?" I asked Mitch. His hazel orbs stared back at mine.

"Okay."

-------
Hey guys it's me Abby here!

So some of you might be confused on why Vikk was so angry at Preston, so let me explain

Since Lachlan is dead, Vikk thought that because of respect, Preston should actually pay his last respects to Lachlan. So when he realised that Preston didn't even come, he was very mad, and without thinking started screaming

So yeah. I don't knew whether this makes sense to you? Its just that their thinking doesn't really connect, and shits about to go down

Kind of