3 : Tragic

Jerome's POV
"Welcome back to news 7!" The news reporter greeted as Mitch sat on the couch while I prepared our dinner.

Mitch was screaming at the screen for some particular reason, and all of a sudden, he went quiet. He was never this quiet before.

"Mitch?" I turned off the stove as I went to check on him at the living room. His face was pale, too pale. "Mitch?" I called him. His eyes slowly travelled to my face. He reached for the remote, and pressed the replay button.

"There was a tragic accident that happened near the borders of Canada and the US. A plane flying from Texas, USA, has crashed into a wheat field due to the bad weathers. It's destination was previously Montreal, Canada. No deaths had been reported yet as the rescue is going on. The family members of plane CM172 please arrive at the Montreal Airport for the most recent updates.

I held my breath.

"Mitch?"

"Yes?"

"Check Rob's plane number..." I trailed off as I collapsed on the couch. My mind is in a mess right now. My legs were so weak and they felt like jelly. The eerie silence that filled the living room suffocated me, threatening to crush me under its weight.

Mitch came back with my phone in his hands, his body shaking. He dropped himself onto the couch as he passed his phone to me. He planted his head in his hands as muffled sobs travelled to my ears. Slowly, I unlocked my phone. I scrolled to my private chat with Rob. I shook Mitch's shoulders. He looked at me with hope in his eyes.

Which was instantly crushed when I showed him the message.