7 : Don't let me go

Preston's POV
I ran through the corridors of the hospital, occasionally bumping into some doctors and nurses. The receptionist told me that Rob is still in coma, and directed me which room he is in.

After winding through the maze, I saw Mitch and Jerome sitting on the benches, heir heads hung low, each of their hoodies up. Upon hearing footsteps, they raised their heads.

"Preston! You're finally here!" Jerome hugged me. Mitch just stood, and smiled at me. He's not really a talkative guy, except when he's around Jerome and Jerome only. And when it's necessary.

"How's Mitch?" I asked Jerome. He said he was fine.

"How about... Rob?" My body shook as sobs came. Imagining him in coma...

"He was in coma. They just got him here. The doctors aren't letting us pass because he was afraid that we would create too much noise and those weird things... you know." Jerome's tears slipped down his face. Mitch only stared into blank space.

A doctor came out of Rob's room. We all stood up.

***
"Rob..." I called out.

Rob was still not waking up. IVs hung from his wrists, and occasionally liquids would drop into his body. The constant beeping of the heart monitor made us worry less. At least he was still with us.

His body was tucked in the hospital's white sheets, trying to keep him worm with their thin material. His head was plopped onto a white pillow. He looked like he was sleeping. Well, isn't that the same as being in coma?

His face was pale. Too pale to be the Rob I knew. I sat beside Rob, Mitch and Jerome sitting at the other side.

The white walls didn't help much to calm me, either.

"Rob?" I whispered his name. I didn't want to shout. I was afraid that I would break his fragile body. How funny: I was afraid to break him, when I had already broken him a thousand times.

"Rob, I'm sorry," I sobbed. My tears dropped onto the white sheet that Rob was covered with. Jerome and Mitch kept their eyes on Rob. Normally, Rob would hug me from behind, and told me that it was okay, and he had forgiven me. But now, the cold air con air swept behind me. No warm body pressing against my back.

"Rob, I'm sorry for everything that I did. Rob, please, I just want you to come back home with me. I promise I won't be a spoilt brat. I'm sorry, Rob, I love you, come back with me. Open your eyes," I beckoned him. Come on, why won't he wake up?

"Goddammit Rob! Just wake up!" I screamed at the body in front of me. Jerome and Mitch were hauling me out of the room. I screamed even louder.

"Rob! Don't leave me!

Don't give up on me!

Don't let me go!"

-------------
*rolls credits*