28. Arrival of the Grey Sky

Bắt đầu từ đầu

His honor is his dignity whereas his heart lies in a fragile canary."

He breathed in a voice of infinity which had in uncanny ability to draw an aura of power. I felt it surging in my veins like a warm liquid but strangely the verses felt incomplete. Like the glory of the King is not just a few verses of poem but it has a lot more.

Foreign to my own heart, I felt proud listening to this verse like it is written to someone close, residing in my heart.

"It's mesmerizing." I complimented.

"Yes it is." He agreed, the same proud smile glowing on his lips so as it was in Jerry's and Miss. Dovin's. Like their chests are swelling with pride.

"What was that?" smile wasn't leaving my lips, I sat utter beguiled but my heart pounding to know more about his king.

"Ancient Legends my dear."

"I want to know more about it." I voiced my wished making him chuckle.

"Of course. We will discuss this later." And my smile instantly dropped, my heart jumping in my rib-cage, for some unknown reasons, craving to know more.

More about this Great King....

It does this only when I think about Mr. Gorgeous Saviour.

"How does this Ancient Legend is linked with the incident of that day?" I'm still in a vague layer of fog.

"When someone raises their voice at King, it's their subject's fidelity to protect his honor." He said in a firm tone like repeating an absolute law.

I stayed quite.

But I didn't insult the King. I was having an argument with Mr. Valentine.

"But then he is not just any Man. Is He?" he smiled.

***

SIR GERARD'S POV

Time walks in its pace. Never waits, never regrets.

The one learns to respect it, conquers his mistakes!!

I gave regular brief glances at the wall clock in front of me. The needles covering their preset area on their own pace. The peace is surrounding me like the desert of Sahara but my mind is long lost in the battle of chaos. The arrival of my friend is due at any moment, as the clock is about to struck 11'o clock.

The history of Supernatural Kingdom has the golden mention of my friend who walks with the edge of clock yet his conscience runs ahead of time.

One appropriate description for my old friend. An involuntary smile crawls over my face recalling our past.

"Is there a reason of your concocting smile, if may I ask Sir Gerard." A very much familiar British accent resonated around with a known sharp icy edge.

I leisurely turned my head toward the source as I was very much aware of the intrusion of my deep reverie.

My smile broadened as my eyes met an amicable pair of black eyes. The same coldness greeted me back with astute sharp features.

Seems like the time didn't dared to change the demeanor of my friend.

The same sharp open corners of diamond, slitting the core of heart under its dominance.