I don't think no one's home

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑
Jungkook
┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

CHAPTER FIVE

AFTER finishing breakfast I realize that what I said might have scared him a little. Of course I would have never let my father rip him apart but I can understand his fear. When I'm about to go upstairs to comfort the boy, the opening of the front door pulls my attention away.

"Hey Kook, how's the human doing?" Jimin asks, smiling widely before flopping down onto the couch.

"His name is Taehyung and he's okay, just a little freaked out after having to hide from dad." I explain and I notice how Jimin tenses. He sits up, grabbing onto a cushion. "Holy fuck! Did your father visit you? Didn't he reek the human scent in here?"

"Yeah but I told him it was because you got attacked by one." I smile, patting his leg.

The boy rolls his eyes and swaps my hand away. "Jimin hyung is always ready to save the day or your new human toy".

I narrow my eyes. "He's not my toy".

Jimin scoffs, eyebrows scrunched together. "Is he here with his own consent or is he here because you forced him to be here?"

I roll my tongue against the side of my cheek and sit down on the other leather couch. "The latter".

"Thought so." Jimin sighed and gave me a pointed look. "Who knows, maybe he'll like it here if he doesn't get killed first by rogues, the pack, oh or your dad."

"That's not going to happen. I'm protecting him." It was the truth. I brought him here because he attacked Jimin but he isn't entirely evil. I don't want his demise to be my fault.

He quirks an eyebrow. "And since when do you have to urge to protect others? I thought you liked being alone?"

"It's not that I don't like being alone. It's just that company is nice from time to time." I mumble.

"Company from a human? You could just have company from another werewolf, maybe your mate?" Jimin leans closer, knowing it's getting personal.

"My mate can fuck off." I cross my arms. "No supernatural bond is going to let me fall in love with a stranger."

"Yoongi wasn't a stranger to me", Jimin replies. "And I absolutely adore him!"

"Yes I know, but you guys were already dating before he found out you were his mate, which is an exception, you know that." I point out and he rolls his eyes.

"And because you don't want a mate you decide to fall for a human?" He mumbles, getting up from the couch and walks to the door.

"What?", I ask, not having heard whatever he was mumbling.

"Nothing, just forget it." He waves it off, shifts into his wolf form and dashes out the house.

┍━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┑
Taehyung
┕━━━━ ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ━━━━┙

My eyes widen. Did Jimin just imply that Jungkook is going to fall for me, a human? It can't be! I slowly get from the staircase I was sitting on and tip toe back to the bedroom, hearing Jungkook nearing.

I quickly crawl under the blankets and close my eyes. His footsteps enter the bedroom.

"Taehyung." His low voice makes my name sound ten times better. I smile at the thought and he seems to notice the change in my expression.

"Good, you're not sleeping." He sits on the edge of the bed. "Look, I realized that what I said earlier sounded quite cold. The last thing I wanted to do is frighten you." He lets his hand linger on my leg and even through the layer of blankets I can feel the heat radiating off him.

"I'm sorry for reacting like that." I mumble. "It's just new to me, all this werewolf stuff."

"I know, but I'm not sorry for dragging you into it. I enjoy your company more than I had expected." I feel my heart pick up at those words. The smile on his face turns into a smirk.

Damn, he probably hears my heartbeat.

"Me too, except for the scary red eyes moments." I reply and he chuckles.

"I'll try to avoid making those moments happen." He pats my leg and gets up. "I'm going out for a bit okay but I'm staying close to the house. Nothing will hurt you."

'I know', I think to myself, remembering the words he said to Jimin earlier.

Because you're protecting me