•34•

CHAPTER THIRTY-FOUR | WEDDING PLANS

"Brock was never going to find the perfect spot, and we might as well just go to Las Vegas and elope," Shaniece said with sadness in her voice.

"Hey, don't say that; we'll find a place, I promise," Brock said while stroking Shaniece's arm.

"It's just we have everything figured out except for where the wedding and reception will be held," Shaniece said while getting up and soon started to pace the floor.

Brock got up and went over to hug his fiancé soon to be wife, and they stood there, just holding each other like they always do. A few seconds later, there was a knock at the door; they turned around and saw Kim walking into the room.

"Hey, mom, need something?" Brock said while continuing to hold Shaniece.

"Well, I overheard you guys talking about a venue, and I think I may have the perfect spot!" Kim told the couple.

"Really? Where is it?" Shaniece said while smiling at her fiancé and soon to be mother-in-law

"I'll show you! Shaniece, call your maid of honor and tell her to come along, Brock you call Artie and tell him to meet us here since he is the wedding planner after all." Kim said while walking out of the room

"Okay, we'll do that now; thanks, mom!" Brock said while putting his shoes on.

After Kim had left the room and Shaniece was changing clothes, Brock couldn't help but stop and stare at Shaniece with a smile on his face. Shaniece was in her little world that she hadn't noticed Brock was now staring at her as well.

"What are you staring at, silly?" Shaniece said while putting makeup on.

"Just staring at my beautiful fiancé, I can't wait to be your husband, Shaniece," Brock told her.

"Same here, babe... Same here." She said while kissing Brock softly.

"I love you so much, Shaniece," Brock told her while in between kisses.

"I love you too," Shaniece told him, stealing one last kiss before heading downstairs.

The couple smiled at each other and met Kim, Nicole, and Artie downstairs to see the location Kim had told them about.

About 45 minutes later, the five of them pull up to a big ranch with tons of land and a couple of tiny houses in the distance.

It was located up in the northern part of Minnesota, where they hadn't been before.

"Mom, what are we doing here?" Brock asked while helping Shaniece out of the truck.

"Remember when I told you I had you in a barn?" Kim asked while leading them towards the ranch.

"Yeah, you told me like last week," Brock said while looking at Shaniece with a confused look on his face.

"Well, this is it!" Kim said while opening the barn doors.

"You've gotta be kidding me," Brock said while covering his face with his hands.

Kim had ignored the fact that her son was somewhat embarrassed and asked the bride-to-be and wedding planner what they thought.

"Shaniece! Artie! What do you guys think?" Kim asked with a big smile on her face.

"I think it would be a great location to have the wedding; there's tons of space, nice big open land, I think it is perfect," Artie said while looking at the bride and Nicole.

"I love it. I would love to get married here." Shaniece said with a small smile on her face; she then looked over at Brock and saw that he had a weird look on his face.

"Brock, what's wrong?" She said while taking Brock's hand.

"I don't know, and I don't know how to feel about this," Brock said while looking down at the ground

Artie, Kim, and Nicole were looking at the couple, wondering what to do.

"I'm gonna take Brock on a short walk to talk, and we'll be back in a little bit," Shaniece said while leading Brock out of the barn.

The couple soon found a bench located somewhere on the ranch; Brock sat down and pulled Shaniece to sit on his lap.

"Brock, what's wrong? You know I hate seeing you sad." Shaniece said while brushing the black hair out of her face.

"It just feels weird, and I don't know how to explain it. I guess it's just cause I was born in that barn; it feels weird." He said while putting her head on Shaniece's shoulder.

"I understand, but don't you think this is a great location to get married?" Shaniece says while pulling Brock closer to her.

"Yeah, I do agree. I would love to have the wedding here. Tons of space for everyone to enjoy themselves." Brock said, making them chuckle.

"Then it's settled. In two weeks, we're getting married here!" Shaniece says while getting off the bench and reaching for Brock's hand

"Yes! Hopefully, it'll be available." Shaniece said while taking her fiancee's hand.

"If not, I'll make sure Mark pays the owners a visit," Brock replied, earning a small chuckle from his lovely brunette.

Sooner or later, the couple made it back to the barn where Kim, Nicole, and Artie were standing around talking.

"Well? Did you guys talk it out?" Nicole asks the couple.

"Yeah, we did, and we think this the perfect place to get married!" Brock answered with a smile on his face.

"We just hope that it'll be available for the date we have scheduled," Shaniece says

"You guys are in luck; while you guys were on your walk Artie and I called the owners, and they said that the 24th is open. Welcome to your wedding venue!" Kim said while hugging the two.

"Seriously?!" Both Shaniece and Brock replied.

"Yup!" Kim says.

"I can't wait. Everything is going to look amazing." Shaniece says with tears in her eyes

Brock sees the tears in his fiancee's eyes and leans over and kisses her sweetly.

"I say we go to Jimmy's for dinner and celebrate for finally finding a venue and completing all the wedding planning!" Nicole says while leading everyone to the car.

"Sounds good," Kim says, walking to the car with Nicole and Artie.

"We'll catch up with you guys in a few, and I wanna talk to Brock for a second," Shaniece says.

Kim, Artie, and Nicole nodded their heads and got in the car to wait for the couple.

"What's up, Sugar?" Brock asks with a smile on his face.

"I just wanna say that I love you so much and that I can't wait to get married to you in front of all of our friends and family," Shaniece says while looking at Brock with loving eyes.

"I love you too, baby; this is going to be the best wedding ever," Brock says as he takes Shaniece's hand and leads them out of the barn.

"Mhm, and two more weeks until I get to call you my wife," Brock says with a smile on his face.

"I. can't. wait!" Shaniece says in between, giving Brock kisses.