•9•

CHAPTER NINE | FUN DAY

I'm not too fond of noise in the morning. I could hear someone moving around in my room.

The person climbed into the bed, pulling back the covers before kissing my forehead then my lips. I still didn't move.

The person started planting kisses on my neck.

"Shaniece! Wake up," the voice said.

Who let Brock into my house.

He started ticking me, which scared me, causing me to fall. I groaned, getting up from the floor then playfully punching him.

"What an excellent way to welcome your boyfriend," he said smiling.

"How did you get in? "I said.

"Told the housekeeper I was your boyfriend who wanted to surprise you because today is our anniversary," he said.

"Why are you here? "I said, getting up and walking into my bathroom.

"Where's my warm welcome?" He said, taking a seat on my bed.

"If you had to stay up all night working, you would not be in the welcoming mood," I said, moving more under the covers.

"I said I was coming over this morning, though," he said.

"I don't care," I said, putting a pillow over my head.

"Can we at least cuddle?" he asked.

"Fine, come here, you Giant man," I said, patting a spot on my bed for him to sit, but he ends pulling me into him, so now we are cuddling.

"So today is my day off, and I want to hang out," he said.

"Yay," I said.

"What do you want to do? " he asked.

Before I could answer his question, I heard giggling and felt two little people climbing the bed.

"Get up," two voices said, jumping up and down on my bed.

"We're up," I said, sitting up.

Damon and Kassandra came and laid down next to me.

"What are we doing today," I asked them.

Over the three weeks Brock spent with the kids, and they have become attached.

"Can we go to the park?" Kassandra asked.

"Did you guys eat breakfast?" I asked, looking at them.

"No," They answered.

"Oh, let's go get breakfast then," I said.

I got up and went to take a shower. Brock and the kids went downstairs to the living room.

After I was done with my shower, I got dressed then went to the kitchen to cook breakfast. I was cooking up a storm.

I asked Brock to put plates on the table as I finished up cooking.

He got the plates and returned to his seat.

I placed the serving plates filled with food on the table then I sat down at the table. I prayed over our food, and then we dug in.

I watched as Brock helped Kassandra eat by cutting her pancakes for her and how he and Damon laughed about God knows what.

I smiled.

After we finished eating, I went to the sink to wash dishes when Brock walked up behind me and placed a kiss on the back of my neck.

I jumped a little; my cheeks were automatically red.

"What...."

Before I could finish asking him a question, he pulled me by my waist and picked me up, giving me a passionate kiss.

"Daddy! Stop eating mommy's face." Kassandra said, making a face.

"I can't stop. Mommy is so delicious." Brock said, smirking.

"Brock, stop it," I said, moving away from him.

"I'm going to get you when the kids are not here." He whispered into my ears.

"You wish," I said.