•25•

CHAPTER TWENTY-FIVE | THINK ABOUT IT

Never lie
I go to the edge of the light every time for you
Just do what you need, and I know that it's golden
Just take what you want, and leave what you don't
Let the world sink in and stick to your bones

Never lieI go to the edge of the light every time for youJust do what you need, and I know that it's goldenJust take what you want, and leave what you don'tLet the world sink in and stick to your bones

"We're thinking about creating another brand like Raw and Smackdown. Since you, Shaniece, are the general manager of Raw, you will be moved up as commissioner of Raw." Stephanie said as we sat poolside for this business meeting.

"What would this third brand be about?" I asked as Shane kept ordering food.

"I thought NXT could be the third brand," Paul answered.

"It is the future of the brand's talents not just "called up" to its main brands Raw and SmackDown, but further down the line talents from the other brands will be moved to NXT as well, not as punishments or demotion, but as an equal brand," Stephanie said which caused me to look at Shane who shrugged while stuffing his mouth with fries.

"The Florida-based promotion was originally conceived to be a platform for WWE to get its future talents for its Raw and SmackDown brands. It still does so now, as wrestlers like Neville, Sami Zayn, Charlotte Flair, Bayley, Finn Balor, and WWE Universal Champion Kevin Owens came from NXT, but making it the third brand would make everyone who moved up feel like they're working backward. There's no way dad would agree to make NXT the third brand, but I understand what you're trying, but it's going to take a few more years." I said.

"Shane, pass your plate," I said.

"No, get your own," Shane said.

"But I want your plate," I said.

"Can you guys focus, please," Stephanie said.

"We're focused. I get smackdown, Shaniece gets Raw, and you get whatever the third brand you come up with. See, I'm listening, but we need to talk about Shaniece's weight gain." Shane said, looking at me.

"What about my weight?" I asked.

"You're gaining weight, so what have Brock and you been doing? Because I think you're pregnant." Stephanie said.

"Yup, I wanted to say something when I saw you in the office the other day, but I didn't think it was my place," Paul said.

"Have you gotten your period?" Shane asked.

"I'm not talking about this with you, Shane," I replied.

"I think you need to take a test, Shaniece," Stephanie said.

"Just to shut you guys up, I will," I said.

•♔•♔•♔•♔•

Positive. Positive. The test was positive.

"Fuck." She cursed.

In all of her shock, the test had slipped from between her fingers and clattered to the floor.