Book 1: Chapter 45

"This battle is between the gym leader Ramos and the challenger Ryder. It is a three on three battle, may the battle begin." The ref shouted.

    "How about we try something." Ramos began as Ryder looked at him confused.

    "What do you mean?" Ryder asked.

    "I would love to see Ho-oh." Ramos commented as Ryder laughed grabbing the ultra ball from his side.

    "You certain?"

    "I would love to see how your father's other partner works with you. I saw Rayquaza and Raikou earlier, now I want to see Ho-oh." Ryder smirked as he tossed the ball into the air releasing the rainbow pokemon. Giving a call the pokemon landed on the ground as Ramos called out his jumpluff.

    "Let's set up the sun." Ramos stated as Jumpluff waved its arms and the sun filled the arena. He knew that most of Ramos's pokemon had the ability chlorophyll. The ability made them faster but the sun also increases Ho-oh's fire moves. 

    "Flame charge." The fire swirled around Ho-oh as she took off from the ground. Soaring toward jumpluff as she jumped out of the way of the legend.

    "Again." Ryder yelled as Ho-oh spun in the air aiming back towards jumpluff. The cotton pokemon dodged the incoming attack.

    "Now, sacred fire."

    "Dodge it." The fire struck jumpluff as it staggered backwards.

    "Flame charge." Ho-oh seared forward striking jumpluff and sending the pokemon flying unconscious. Ramos smiled as he recalled the fainted pokemon.

    "You did great."

    "Why did he want Ryder to use Ho-oh?" Emma asked N. N hesitated for a few moments before looking at the group.

    "It's because I told him that it hasn't seen much action since Ryder got the pokemon." N stated.

    "Weepinbell." Ramos said as he called out his next pokemon.

    "Ho-oh you want this one to?" Ryder asked as the legend nodded its head. "Very well, to the air." Ho-oh flew high above the battle field as Weepinbell looked up at the legend.

    "Razor leaf." Weepinbell tossed leaves up at Ho-oh. She dodged the incoming attack swerving around.

    "Sacred fire." The flames seared down towards Weepinbell. Striking the poison pokemon as it shrieked in pain as it got burned.

    "Weepinbell." Ramos shouted as the pokemon shook itself before looking up at Ho-oh.

    "Wrap it up with brave bird." The blue energy formed around the legend. It zoomed down towards the ground before changing directions.

    "Poison powder." Weepinbell surrounded itself in the powder. Ho-oh flew through it striking the pokemon. Weepinbell flew backwards knocked out. Ho-oh spun in the air before taking the effects of the powder. Ramos called weepinbell back as Ryder rushed over to Ho-oh checking the pokemon.

    "I'll take care of it Ryder." N stated as Zoroark rushed off and returned a few moments later carrying a pecha berry in her mouth. Ho-oh walked over to N where she settled herself and ate the berry.

    "We got this Ho-oh." Ryder said as the rainbow pokemon nodded her head. Ryder grabbed the pokeball from his side and spun it in his hand.

    "Gogoat." Ramos stated as the mount pokemon walked onto the field. Ryder took a deep breath before looking at the ball in his hand.

    "Let's go." Leafeon looked up at Gogoat as he gave a small growl and his tail flicked.

    "Interesting choice." Ramos laughed as Gogoat stamped its feet.

    "Ready?" Leafeon smirked.

    "Vine whip." Ramos yelled as the vines came from the pokemon's green mane. The vines flew towards Leafeon as he held his stance.

    "Dodge it and use swift." Leafeon jumped backwards flinging his tail sending stars flying into gogoat. Gogoat shook himself as the dust settled around him.

    "That was a strong attack." Ramos laughed as he called out razor leaf. The leaves flew around the pokemon.

    "Swift." The stars flew into the column of leaves breaking them apart only to discover that gogoat wasn't there.

    "Leach seed." Gogoat almost appeared out of nowhere as the seeds flew from the pokemon's mouth. The seeds landed at Leafeon's feet as the stems rose up. Wrapping themselves around Leafeon holding him off the ground.

    "Leafeon!" Ryder yelled as the energy began to escape the stems and pulling most of Leafeon's energy. The energy went to Gogoat allowing the pokemon to regain its health. He couldn't think of what to do as he watched his pokemon attempt to struggle from the stems. A thought occurred to him and he looked at the stems.

    "Leafeon use leaf blade and strike the stems with your tail." Leafeon's eyes opened as his tail began to glow and he sliced the stem through. Leafeon landed and sort of collapsed for a few moments before getting back to his feet.

    "Vine whip."

    "Dodge it." Leafeon barely dodged to the side of the attack as Leafeon sort of stumbled away. "You got this leafeon." Ryder yelled. Frogadier yelled as did the others as Leafeon shook his head.

    "There we go."

    "Razor leaf." Ramos yelled as the leaves swirled around Leafeon.

    "Leafeon, listen for Gogoat." Leafeon held still his ears twitching as he listened. His eyes opened as Ryder smiled. "Now use swift to break the leaves away." Leafeon jumped into the air sending the stars flying towards to the swirling leaves. Breaking through the wind, Leafeon rushed out jumping into the air over top of Gogoat.

    "Shadow ball!" The orb flew from Leafeon's mouth striking the mount pokemon square in the head knocking it out. Leafeon turned and rushed over to where Ryder stood as he knew down. Leafeon jumped into his arms as he laughed.

    "You did great." Ryder stated as Jack, Izzy and Emma rushed over to him congratulating the two. Ho-oh walked over to them as she lowered her head and nuzzled her trainer and one of her partners. Ramos looked over at N as he smiled before getting to his feet.

    "And your badge." Ramos said as he walked over to Ryder.

    "Thank you."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I know this battle wasn't that long so please forgive me. I swear that in the game and anime it was one of the faster battles. Also happy Easter guys.