Book 1: Chapter 13

"I don't know about this?" Ryder stated as Cranidos dug his feet into the ground. Every few moments it would look over at Absol. It was seeing if it was watching them, but each time it would look back almost sadder.

    "It should be okay after all it won't do much to him." Jack said.

    "Yah but he's four time effective to her." Ryder shouted.

    "I won't be able to knock her out." Jack stated. Ryder pulled the pokeball forward. He didn't like this idea but he understood what Jack was trying to do. He was trying to bring some type of confidence to Absol. Tossing the pokeball into the air Ho-oh took to the sky giving out a call before looking down at her opponent. Looking over at Ryder she gave him a confused look.

    "You have to trust me." He stated. Ho-oh looked back to the Cranidos as it roared a challenge. Finally getting Absol's attention even if it was for a few seconds.

    "Okay you start." Ryder stated as Jack smiled.

    "Okay, Cranidos headbutt." Cranidos rushed forward as Ho-oh waited for her command. Cranidos was almost on top of her when she was ordered to dodge. She did dodge sending him flying past her and into the ground. Getting to his feet Cranidos stamped his feet out of pure anger.

    "Cranidos stop it." Jack shouted getting the pokemon to calm down enough.

    "Iron head." Cranidos charged again as Ho-oh watched on as he leapt into the air.

    "Dodge." Ryder stated as Ho-oh flew up and over Cranidos as he fell head first into the ground.

    "You can't keep dodging." Jack yelled.

    "I need to know if you're going to use a rock move." Ryder stated.

    "What's it matter?"

    "It matters because I don't want Ho-oh to get hurt." Ryder snapped back.

    "It's a battle they are bound to get hurt."

    "Fine you want an attack. Steel wing!" Ryder shouted as Ho-oh's wings began to glow. She zoomed down and struck Cranidos in the chest sending him flying backwards. Ho-oh landed on the ground in front of Ryder as Cranidos got to his feet. He was covered it scratch marks and bruises but he was still standing.

    "You okay?" Jack called to Cranidos as it stamped its feet.

    "Ancient power!" The glowing orb appeared in front of Cranidos before it went flying towards Ho-oh.

    "Knock it back with sacred fire." A beam of fire escaped Ho-oh's mouth spiraling around and destroying the ancient power. The fire rushed around the attack and continued hitting Cranidos. Cranidos flew backwards at Jack's feet, it attempted to get to its feet as Jack knelt down.

    "You did great Cranidos." Jack stated as Emma walked over with Chimchar at her feet carrying some berries.

    "Here eat this, it'll make you feel better." Emma said as Chimchar gave the berries to Cranidos. Jack got up and walked over to Ryder as he stroked Ho-oh's head telling her how good of a job she did.

    "I'm sorry about that." Ryder smiled.

    "You let the heat of the battle catch you. Even with the type advantage you should have known that paring up Ho-oh against Cranidos was a bad idea." Jack nodded.

    "I know but I wanted to try..." He said looking over at Absol.

    "I have an idea." Ryder said as he recalled Ho-oh in to its ball. Without another word, Ryder walked past Jack and walked over to where Absol sat. Froakie leapt off of his shoulder and went over to where Izzy was sitting with eevee.

    He stopped beside Absol only to hear her growl.

    "Stop being so moody." Ryder snapped getting the pokemon to glare at him. "He's your trainer." Her growling continued, he was aware of how she felt and sat down anyways.

    "If you don't want me here then go ahead and attack me." Ryder stated as Absol eyed him she was still growling. Pulling out a pokeball he set it down in front of Absol and she gave him a curious look.

    "If you want to attack me then you are going to have to get past him." Ryder stated clicking the ball and the red light flowed out as Rayquaza appeared behind him. Absol looked up at the legend horrified and stopped growling.

    "He helped you, why don't you like him?" Absol looked away as Rayquaza lowered himself so Ryder could place a hand on the legend's head. Absol moved so her back was facing Ryder. Huffing a breath Ryder looked over at the group as Jack took care of Cranidos as it burrowed its head into his chest.

    "Can you at least act like it?" Ryder asked as he got to his feet and recalled Rayquaza before heading back towards the others. Eevee rushed over to him and leapt up into his arms as Froakie let Izzy play with his frubbles. Absol hesitated as she heard something in the brush not too far from her. Getting to her feet she walked over and began to investigate.

    She was knocked backwards by a thunderbolt as a Pikachu leapt out of the brush.

    "Absol!" Jack shouted before rushing over towards the pokemon as she attempted to move away. Small shocks caused her to almost freeze as the small black box flew towards Absol. She was pushed to the side as Jack pushed her out of the way as the black box expanded creating an electric charged net.

    Absol froze as she saw her trainer the one person she didn't trust take a net for her.

    "You aren't what we wanted." The red haired team rocket member yelled. Pikachu let electricity surge from its cheeks as the group got up and started to run over.

    "Eevee knock them back with swift." Ryder yelled as Izzy and Emma tried to get the net off of Jack.

    "Pikachu dig." Absol was on her feet and before pikachu even got close to the ground, she struck it sending it flying.

    "Mightyena put that absol in its place." Cranidos charged forward knocking the Mightyena into its trainer. Absol turned to Jack and swung at the small box that was on the net braking it causing the net to disappear.

    "Thank you." Jack whispered finally getting a breath, it was rather painful. Absol put her head against him almost begging for his forgiveness.

    "It's okay." He whimpered as Cranidos was knocked a bit back.

    "Absol, zen headbutt Pikachu. Cranidos, ancient power Mightyena." Absol rushed forward striking the pikachu knocking it into its trainer. As the orbs hit Mightyena sending it flying into the group.

    "Now, Iron head." Cranidos rushed forward knocking the group into the air and away from them. Roaring, it slammed its feet on the ground victorious as Absol laid down beside Jack putting her head on him. Jack could only smile.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who knows how to code a basic 2D game platform, because I most certainly don't. Whatever, I'll try my best. Also the story is finally starting to pick up, and it's only going to get better guys. Also sorry for the late update.