Book 1: Chapter 33

"The battle between Gurkinn and Ryder will now begin, each of you will only use one pokemon each." Gurkinn grabbed the pokeball from his side, calling out Lucario. Ryder grabbed the master ball from his side and tossed it into the air as the dragon roared.

"And, begin!" The ref shouted as Gurkinn hit the key stone on his wrist as Lucario's mega stone reacted. Ryder hesitated as he took the key stone in his hand before wrapping his fingers around it.

"Well, are we going to mega?" Gurkinn asked as Ryder shook his head.

"I need to battle without mega form right now." Ryder stated as Gurkinn smiled at him.

"Very well. Lucario, bone rush." Lucario rushed forward the two glowing bones appearing in his hands.

"Dodge it and use hyper beam." Rayquaza flew up into the arena dodging the attack. The beam formed in his mouth before searing down into the ground covering it. Once the light disappeared Lucario still stood.

"Alright, now were getting somewhere. Lucario, dragon pulse."

"Match it!" The two orbs struck each other holding themselves there. Jack, Izzy and Emma cheered from the side lines.

"Excellent." Gurkinn snapped as Lucario dodged the stronger beam as it struck where he was seconds ago.

"Let's try-" Ryder didn't even know what happened as he felt the surge pierce his body. He fell to his knees getting the dragon to turn towards its trainer. A second later, he felt the snap as a pikachu grabbed the pendant around his neck breaking the chain.

"My stone!" Ryder shouted as the pikachu zipped out of the arena as Ryder got to his feet but felt the after effects of the shock.

"Ryder!" Emma yelled as she and the other rushed over to him.

"Frogadier, follow." Ryder ordered as Frogadier, Leafeon and Purrloin rushed after the pikachu.

"You're paralyzed." Gurkinn stated as he grabbed Ryder's arm helping him to his feet.

"We need to get you to the center or a paralyze heal." Gurkinn stated.

"Key stone." Ryder whispered as the group headed out of the arena.

"Right now, your health is more important."

Frogadier rushed along the tree branches. He was searching for the pikachu, he lost Purrloin and Leafeon some ways back but right now he needed to find it. He jumped down from the branch and scanned the area. A moment later he jumped backwards dodging a thunder bolt as the pikachu rushed out of the bush, it was hiding in. The pendant in his mouth and Frogadier charged after.

Forming a water pulse in his hand. He fired as the pikachu dodged the attack before zigzagging around a few trees.

"Hold it right there!" The man yelled as the mightyena jumped up biting down on Frogadier's arm. Knocking him to the ground as a net flew around him wrapping around the water pokemon.

"Thanks for walking right into our arms." The woman snapped as she leaned down and took the pendant from the pikachu's mouth. Pikachu's ears twitched as Leafeon and Purrloin caught up with them. The man lowered the net gun as the two dodged to the sides disappearing into the brush.

"Whoever you are, show you-" Korrina shouted. Seeing the two members of team rocket she screeched to a halt. "You're from team rocket."

"And you're an annoying gym leader." The man snarled as Lucario ran up behind her.