Book 1: Chapter 35

The group slept as Purrloin got up and slipped outside of the tent. Flicking her tail she began to walk ignoring the light dew as it clung to her fur as she walked away. Once inside the forest, she jumped up onto a rock. Shaking her head, she shook off some of the water and looked up into the air.

    The faint glow began again as she held her breath digging her claws into the stone below her. The blue on her body began to fade after a few minutes allowing her to relax for a bit. Curling her tail close she looked back up to the sky seeing all the stars as her ears lowered.

    "Froga?" Frogadier asked as he walked up from the trees. Purrloin looked over at the frog for a minute and then looked down at her feet.

    "Purr..." Purrloin whimpered as Frogadier jumped up onto the rock behind her. She didn't move as he picked her up and set her on his head before jumping up into the air. Grabbing onto a branch he climbed up into the tree as Purrloin held on to him.

    "Loin!" The devious pokemon screamed as Frogadier broke the top of the trees. The stars shimmered as the moon gave off a luminous glow that seemed to almost make the valley shine. Frogadier smiled as Purrloin fell silent as she stared up at the stars.

    The glowing began again as Purrloin clutched her hands trying to stop the evolution. After a few moments the blue glow died down and disappeared.

    "Froga." Frogadier whispered as Purrloin looked down at the frog under her as she gave a small purr.

    "Come on." Ryder said as he recalled Frogadier as Purrloin leapt up onto his shoulder.

    "Okay so the next gym is Coumarine City." Emma stated as she shut the dex and looked over at the group as they finished packing up.

    "So it's going to be a long walk." Izzy said as she picked up Zorua as he transformed into a pichu and climbed up onto her head. Jack laughed at the sight of the two as he pulled the backpack onto his back. Ryder picked up the last bag and slung it onto his shoulder.

    "That's fine that means we can catch some new mons." Emma stated as the group smiled.

    "Yah, it'll be great." Izzy yelled as she ran ahead as Monferno chased after her. Emma laughed as the group began to head down the path. It was basic chatter among the group as Purrloin curled up in Ryder's hood, wrapping it around it as best as she could. She could feel it coming again and she was starting to get it tired from doing it so much. Biting her lips, she held her breath trying to stop the evolution before it even started.

    Once the blue glow had calmed she actually fell asleep and slept as if she hadn't slept in years. She wasn't sure how long it had been when Ryder woke her up.

    "Purrloin?" Ryder asked as he knelt on the ground and smiled at her. He must have taken off his coat, Purrloin thought as she stretched.

    "Loin." She cooed with a smile crossing her face. Ryder picked up the small cat as he carried her over to where the others were eating. Purrloin ate all her food greedily before noticing how slow the others were. Looking down at her bowl she noticed it empty, while others had almost full bowls.

    "Leaf?" Leafeon cooed noticing how fast Purrloin had eaten.

    "You okay, Purrloin?" Ryder asked noticing as well. Purrloin nodded her head that she was okay, he didn't need to know. Ryder scanned the cat before getting to his feet and picking her up.

    "You certain?" Purrloin nodded again. "I know you better than you think I do." Ryder stated as he pulled the cat close to him getting her to give almost a purr.

    "Care to tell me what's bothering you?" He asked again as Purrloin lowered her ears, before leaping from his arms.

    "Maybe she needs to let off some steam." Jack stated as Purrloin looked over at him.

    "Do you want to have a battle?" Ryder asked as Purrloin thought. It might make her feel better but she didn't know. She nodded her head as Ryder smiled rubbing her head as Zorua gave a yip.

    "You want to battle?" Jack asked as Zorua jumped up onto his lap. Jack laughed as he got up and held Zorua in his arms before setting him down.

    "How about an easy battle, because I don't know his moves. Is that okay, Purrloin?" Purrloin nodded as Zorua followed at his trainer's heels as they walked away from the two.

    "Whenever you're ready." Ryder stated as Jack read over Zorua's moves on the dex. 

    "Okay, feint attack." Zorua rushed forward striking Purrloin only knocking her back a bit. She smiled as she flicked her tail.

    "Slash." Purrloin's claws began to glow as they grew longer. Hitting Zorua he flew backwards before catching himself.

    "Nice, Zorua dark pulse." The beam escaped Zorua's mouth as Purrloin leapt to the side dodging the incoming attack.

    "Iron tail." Purrloin's tail began to glow as she rushed forward hitting Zorua hard sending him flying in front of Jack. Zorua shook his head giving a small roar before jumping back to his feet.

    "Alright, night daze." The wave flew from Zorua striking Purrloin and knocking her backwards.

    "Night slash." She rushed forward as the dark claw wrapped around her paw striking Zorua and knocking him out.

    "Zorua are you okay?" Jack asked as he picked up the pokemon. Zorua looked up at his trainer and licked his face getting him to smile. Purrloin stopped as Ryder called to her as she felt the power starting. The blue began to consume around her body as she bit her lip trying to stop the evolution. After a few moments, the glow faded and she looked over at Ryder as he walked over to the pokemon.

    "Why don't you want to evolve?" He asked as Purrloin looked away from him. "Please tell me?" Ryder asked.

    "Purr..." Purrloin whimpered.

    "You don't want to change huh?" Ryder asked as he picked up Purrloin. "Even if you want to evolve you need to know that it's not going to change anything." Ryder said with a smile as Purrloin nuzzled him.

    "But if you don't want to?" Ryder stated.

    "It's going to be hard to fight if you're fighting with yourself." Emma stated as she rushed over to her bag and dug around before producing a small silver stone.

    "What's that?" Izzy asked as she walked over by Ryder and Purrloin.

    "It's an everstone. It'll stop you from evolving, chimchar had it but he chose to get rid of it shortly before meeting you guys. So would you like to have it?" Emma said offering the stone to Purrloin. Purrloin reached forward taking the stone from her hand. Emma grabbed the small black bag from her pocket. Slipping the stone inside of it she closed it and slipped it over Purrloin's head so it hung around her neck.

    "There you go." Izzy laughed. Purrloin smiled at the trainers as she ran her head against Emma's hand.

    "You're welcome."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys. I think I'm going to start updated every other day. Once the story is completely written the whole thing will be put up. So sorry for the delay.