Book 1: Chapter 8

"Let's go!" Jack shouted as the group rushed after him all smiles and laughs.

    "Wait up!" Ryder yelled as Emma lagged a bit behind them. Froakie leapt from his shoulder to Izzy's as she ran in front of him.

    "Come on, Emma." Izzy shouted back to her.

    "I'm coming." Emma shouted in return. Bunnelby hopped beside her and Treecko sprinted beside Jack.

    "I'm going to win!" Izzy shouted. Sprinting faster she surpassed her brother, only to have him grab her tackling her to the ground.

    "Get off me." She shouted as Ryder and Emma finally caught up.

    "Let's take a breather." Emma stated as she sat down against a tree. Ryder laughed as Froakie climbed back up onto his shoulder. Treecko rushed around the two siblings as they rolled around on the ground. Soon enough though it turned into a tickle fight.

    "Jack, stop!" Izzy shouted.

    "You bit me." He yelled a few moments later.

    "You deserved it." Ryder sat down in the road catching his breath as Bunnelby sprung off his back before rushing to Emma's lap.

    "Jeez, bunnelby." Ryder stated as Bunnelby's ears twitched as he curled up more into Emma's lap.

    "How far away is your house from here, Ryder?" Izzy asked. Ryder looked around the area, he didn't recognize much.

    "Emma can I see your map?" Ryder asked as she dug out the device handing it to him.

    "Maybe a few more hours but we should be there before dark." Ryder stated with a smile as he handed the small thing back to Emma. He scratched Froakie's head as he looked around the forest. It was so calm as it everything had finally fallen into place.

    "Froakie, when we get home you are going to meet someone." Froakie looked up at Ryder.

    "Who?" Izzy asked.

    "My uncle stayed with me shortly before I left and he said he would take care of the place until I returned. You guys are going to like him, he's funny." Ryder stated remembering how the man tried so hard to make him laugh after the accident. The smile on Ryder's face disappeared as he pulled Froakie closer to him holding the little frog in his arms.

    "You okay?" Jack questioned.

    "Yah, I was thinking." Ryder stated as he got to his feet. "Let's keep going." He said putting on a fake smile. A rustle caught the group's attention, and the ears of an eevee perked out of the bush.

    "An eevee." Izzy shouted as the eevee hoped out of the bush.

    "What's it doing?" Emma asked as eevee gave off a growl its eyes meeting Froakie.

    "You want to battle?" Ryder asked. Froakie leapt to the ground, squaring off against the eevee.

    "You ready for this buddy?" Froakie nodded as the eevee charged forward.

    "Pound!" Froakie leapt over the eevee, before knocking it to the side. Eevee rolled before catching itself. It charged forward biting down of Froakie's left arm, causing it to scream out.

    "Knock it off." Froakie spun knocking the eevee off. It jumped backwards forming a dark ball in its mouth.

    "That eevee knows shadow ball!" Jack shouted as the ball struck Froakie.

    "But eevee can't learn shadow ball naturally. How did it learn it?" Emma asked.

    "This eevee must have been abandoned by its trainer." A look from eevee told them otherwise. "No it left its trainer."

    "Bubble!" Froakie leapt into the air firing bubbles. The eevee easily rushed around the falling bubbles.

    "Froakie pound again." Froakie flew closer as eevee dodged the pound as Froakie's fist struck the ground breaking it.

    "Dodge it!" Ryder shouted as Froakie leapt backwards as eevee almost bit down on him. Suddenly a net wrapped around Froakie and eevee.

    "Froakie!" Ryder shouted as a Mightyena rushed forward. Its sharp teeth nicked Ryder as he jumped backwards away from the pokemon.

    "We'll be taking these." Two people in black team rocket uniforms shouted. The man had red hair and the girl had blue.

    "Team rocket." Ryder shouted as Treecko rushed forward knocking the mightyena backwards with pound.

    "Good work Treecko." Jack shouted as a pikachu rushed around striking Treecko and knocking him backwards.

    "Treecko!" Jack yelled as he caught his pokemon.

    "Bunnelby dig!" Emma yelled as bunnelby tunneled into the ground.

    "Pikachu dig as well." the man shouted as the woman grabbed the nets pulling them away from the trainers. A few moments later bunnelby flew up into the air with Pikachu right behind it.

    "Mud shot!"

    "Thunderbolt." The electricity stuck bunnelby before it had the chance to fire the shot.

    "I got you." Emma shouted as she caught the bunny. Ryder pulled out a pokeball from his side, and tossed it into the air.

    "Let's go Raikou." The legend roared as electricity leapt from its body.

    "Auro sphere!" Ryder shouted as the orb formed in his mouth before striking the pikachu sending it flying into the man.

    "Mightyena bite." The girl shouted.

    "Dodge it and wild charge." Raikou leapt over the mightyena. Dodging the incoming attack before charging forward, striking the pokemon. Mightyena yelped as the trainer recalled it to the pokeball. The man grabbed the net he began to run back with his pikachu on his heels.

    "Froakie!" Ryder shouted as Raikou spun allowing Ryder to leap on his back. Raikou leapt over the girl as the legend cut off the other member of team rocket.

    "Give me back my pokemon." He hissed as Raikou bit through the net breaking it.

    "Froakie let-" Ryder began as eevee jumped into the air and shot a shadow ball off. Sending the team rocket members flying off into the air.

    "What?" Jack asked as Ryder recalled the legend back. Eevee's ears twitched and it looked up at Ryder before rushing in front of him.

    "Eee." It said as it batted its front paws against Ryder's leg.

    "It wants to travel with you." Izzy stated as Ryder smiled down at the eevee. Pulling out an empty pokeball he tapped the eevee on his head as the red light engulfed the pokemon. A few moments later the pokeball stopped shaking. As small little lights escaped the edges.

    "I got an eevee!" Ryder shouted as Emma tackled him to the ground in a hug.

    "Yah." She laughed as Jack and Izzy helped them to their feet.

    "Come on out eevee." Eevee looked up at Ryder as Froakie crawled into his hood and he picked up eevee.

    "Welcome to the team." Izzy laughed.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Eight chapters in.