Book 1: Chapter 22

The group left the center the next morning, with Ryder feeling excited about the day. Purrloin sat comfortably on his shoulder. Leafeon ran ahead playing with Chimchar and Izzy with Treecko.

"What do you think buddy?" Ryder asked looking at Frogadier getting the frog to smile. He hit Frogadier on the shoulder getting the frog to laugh before hitting him back.

"Nice one. We are going to have to practice your new moves."

"Hey, you!" A voice cut through the air stopping the group.

"Not these guys again." Jack hissed before stopping turning to the man.

"How about a battle, your Frogadier vs my Serperior?" Ryder looked at the Serperior before looking at Frogadier.

"What do you want out of it?" Ryder questioned. The man smirked before laughing as did the rest of his group.

"I win, I want your Leafeon."

"No, thanks we'll pass." Ryder snapped. He turned away as they attempted to leave. The others of their group pulled out their own pokeballs and called them out. A seviper and an arbok wrapped around Chimchar and Treecko.

"Give us back our pokemon." Jack yelled. He reached for another pokeball only to have the coils tighten around their pokemon. He stopped returning the ball to his belt and looking over at Ryder.

"You get them back if you win." The man laughed. Ryder's hands clenched as he felt the slight movement at his side. The stone was giving off heat around his neck and it was alerting him.

"Not with Frogadier." Ryder stated.

"Fine but if you lose I get them." The man laughed as Ryder grabbed the shaking master ball from his side. Emma, Jack and Izzy nodded as did Ryder's pokemon.

"I know you could take him buddy, but I can't let anything happen to their pokemon." Ryder said as Frogadier agreed with the statement. The man turned guiding the group to a small clearing away from the road.

"Serperior show us why you're the best of the best." The man stated as the Serperior slipped onto the field. Ryder clicked the button on the ball making it larger.

"Take to the skies." Ryder shouted as the red beam sailed from the ball and Rayquaza flew up into the air with a loud roar. "You wanted a battle, well your about to get one." Ryder spat as the man's serperior stared up at the great dragon as he loomed above them.

"Release them! Release the damn pokemon!!!" The man screamed as the snakes uncoiled around the pokemon. Allowing them to run to their trainers.

"Are we done here?" Ryder asked.

"Yes, of course."

"Dragon pulse." Ryder ordered. The orb formed in the legends mouth before firing down and striking the grass snake, knocking it out cold.

"No more of that. You understand?" Ryder stated as the man recalled his serperior before running off with his friends. Rayquaza lowered himself down as there was a faint clap coming from the woods.

"That was impressive, Rayquaza still hasn't lost his strength." Diantha walked out of the woods, gardevoir next to her.

"Diantha." Ryder said with a smile as the legend lowered himself down next to the champion.

"How are you, Ryder? I wanted to see you battle for the next badge but it appears I beat you there." Diantha laughed as she stroked Rayquaza's head.

"By the way, Diantha these are my friends. Emma, Jack and Izzy." Diantha walked over to them and shook their hands.

"Wow it looks like you have a real party going." Diantha laughed as Ryder walked up to gardevoir as did Frogadier.