Book 1: Chapter 11

"Ice beam." Surskit struck the ground with the beam turning it to ice. Surskit slid along the ground rushing forward towards eevee.

    "Jump over it." Ryder shouted as the surskit was almost on top of it. Eevee slid along the ice before catching itself.

    "Signal beam." The pink beam soared towards eevee.

    "Dodge it." Ryder shouted but eevee lost his grip on the ice and fell allowing the beam to strike him. Sliding across the ground, he stopped a few feet in front of Viola.

    "Use the environment to your advantage." Ryder whispered. "Eevee use swift on the ground." Eevee got up enough to spring off the ground sending the stars flying into the ground, breaking the ice.

    "Clever." Viola stated as surskit swung around the remnants of the ice.

    "You haven't seen anything yet. Quick attack." Eevee rushed forward sending surskit flying into the wall.

    "Surskit!" She shouted at the tops of her lungs. Shaking itself off it skidded back out onto the ice.

    "You okay." Surskit nodded as she smiled. "Ice beam." She shouted as the beam flew into the air.

    "Dodge it." Eevee zigzagged around the arena dodging the falling ice. "Catch surskit and use its speed." Eevee jumped into the air grabbing hold of surskit as it spun around attempting to knock him off. It spun faster and faster until eevee let go flying into the air higher then he could have jumped.

    "Shadow ball!" The black orb formed in eevee's mouth and flew down striking surskit. The bug pokemon was sent flying backwards unconscious. Viola called surskit back praising him for his work before pulling out her next pokeball.

    "You surprised me with that shadow ball. But onto my star, vivillon it's time for your shot." The pink vivillon fluttered onto the field its wings beating majestically.

    "Ready, eevee." Eevee nodded as Viola smiled at him.

    "We aren't going to be that easy." Viola snapped before calling out gust.

    "Hold steady." Ryder shouted as eevee clung to the ground holding with all his strength. He tried to think of a way to block the gust attack. Using swift would only knock it back into eevee and then it occurred to him.

    "Eevee shadow ball at one of the trees." Ryder shouted as the orb formed in eevee's mouth before flying into one of the nearby trees. The tree toppled over blocking most of the wind, as eevee looked back at Ryder.

    "Quick attack." Eevee rushed over top of the tree charging forward and heading right for the bug.

    "Get higher." Viola shouted as Vivillon dodged the quick attack getting the advantage over eevee.

    "Use shadow ball on the ground." Ryder yelled only to get a confused look from Viola.

    "What?" She questioned as eevee leapt into the air and fired into the ground allowing him to soar into the air.

    "Use swift."

    "Use psychic." Viola shouted as vivillon's eyes began to glow and eevee stopped moving before it was able to fire at the bug. A few moments later, he went flying around the gym striking the sides. Before finally falling to the ground kicking up dust.

    "Eevee!" The dust settled revealing the knocked out eevee. Vivillon fluttered down lower to the ground as Ryder picked up eevee.

    "You did great." Ryder stated as eevee's eyes opened and he licked Ryder's face. Setting him down beside where he stood he thought for a minute. His plan failed, he could use froakie but everything told him not too. With great hesitation he held out his arm allowing froakie to rush across it before landing on the field.