32 : Candle Lit Dinner

Two Days Later

Jayda | 6:12 pm

I put the cornbread in the oven and closed the oven door.

Jayden was going to be home around 7:00-ish and I was making us dinner. It wasn't a special occasion but then again it somewhat was.

I grabbed two wine glasses and walked out back where the table was set up at.

It was a pool lit dinner. I had candles around the pool that were already lit. There was a table beside the pool and two chairs on each side. I hung up lights around the outside of the house and turned on the pool lights.

I set down the glasses on each side of the table and walked back into the house. I checked the cornbread before I began putting the food on the plates. I made porkchops, shells & cheese, collard greens and cornbread. For dessert we'd have red velet cake. Well she'll have red-velvet and I'll have chocolate.

Once the cornbread was done I put it on the plates and covered them with aluminium foil. I took them out back and put one on each side of the table. I checked the time; 6:29. I had enough time to make the cakes and pick out her outfit , take a shower , get dressed and do my makeup before she got home.

Once the cakes were done I put them in a cake container and went upstairs to our shared bedroom. I got undressed and got in the shower.

After a 10 minute shower and 15 minutes doing my makeup, I was finally dressed. I slipped on my heels and quickly went downstairs. I saw headlights turn into the driveway and quickly ran off into the back. I waited by the table until she came in.

Jayden: Baby!?

Me: Out back!

She came towards the back and looked at me in confusion.

Me: I wanted to do something special for you. Plus I've got some news.

I walked towards her with my arms behind my back.

Jayden: This is for me?

I nodded.

Me: Even this outfit.

Jayden: Well you do look good.

Me: Thank you.

I brought her down by her neck and kissed her. She cupped my butt and I lowly moaned. I pulled back and pecked her lips.

Me: C'mon. You've gotta change.

I grabbed her hand and led upstairs to our room. I pointed at her outfit.

Me: Get changed and come back to the back.

I walked out and went back downstairs to the back. I hit play on my phone that was connected to the iHome. It began playing Lucas Coly - My Lil Shawty. I turned it down a bit and sat in my chair. Soon enough Jayden came down wearing denim ripped jeans and a plain black shirt with her all black Air Jordan 1s that were suede. Her hair was all out.

Me: Now who looks good.

I pulled out her chair and went to sit back in my chair since we both find it awkward when I push in her chair.

Jayden: Still you.

We said a quick prayer and unwrapped our food. I popped the cap off the wine and poured both of us a half full glass.

Jayden: Damn baby, this looks good.

Me: Bet I taste even better.

She looked up at my words and I winked as I began eating.