26 : The Store

Kayla | Sunday

Jayden , Skylar and I were at the store arranging some orders and filling out papers.

Me: How's Jayda?

Jayden: Still bitching cause they wont let her have any sweets.

I shook my head imagining my cousin bitching about that.

Me: Yep, sounds like her.

Jayden looked over at Skylar who had her earphones in and was looking at a paper but wasn't focusing on it.

We've known each other for so long that we can instantly tell when something is wrong with one of us. For example , Skylar's pinky has twitched over 5 times in the past 10 minutes.

Jayden: What's wrong with her. Her pinky is twitching like crazy.

See?

Me: I don't know. She's barely said a word since she's gotten here.

Jayden threw a balled up piece of paper at her, hitting her in her forehead and making Skylar look up and take out one of her earphones.

Skylar: Did you just throw a paper ball at me?

Me: I believe she did.

Skylar: Why. What was your purpose?

Jayden: To get your attention. Duh.

Skylar: Well what the hell you want.

Jayden: Ooo , grouchy much.

Skylar shot her a glare and went back to the paper infront of her.

Me: What's wrong with you?

Skylar: With who? Me?

Me: No shit Sherlock.

Skylar: Shut up and nothing.

Jayden: Obviously something cause you've been looking at that same paper forever.

Skylar: So? It's an order.

Me: No. It's a receipt.

Skylar looked down at the already completed receipt.

Skylar: Oh.

Me: So we ask again, what's wrong?

Skylar: Man , Danielle and I broke up.

Jayden: Forreal? For what?

Skylar: Yeah forreal and cause she went out with her ex.

Me: Danielle? You mean the same Danielle we talking bout?

Skylar shot a glare.

Skylar: What other fucking Danielle?

I shrugged and took a sip of Jayden's sprite.

Skylar: Yes that Danielle. I was going to her house to apologize to her and take her out somewhere and her roomate said she wasn't home. She asked her where she was and gave me the movie address and what movie she was going to see. I bought her a lot of little gifts and left them in her room with her bed covered in Roses and chocolates, I went out to the movies and found out she was with her ex. Im also thinking that she may still have some feelings for her.

We all could tell that broke Skylar's heart.

Jayden: What was her reason for going out with her ex?

Skylar: Probably because she missed her or she thought I wasn't giving her enough attention. I mean I didn't have time for anything but school and work then. My own mother thought I was dead. She just popped up at my house. I barely even had time to check up on Jayda. I've only seen her once since she woke up. That was like 2 or 3 days ago.