Chapter 36 - Lost

As I opened my eyes, the first thing that caught my sight was the vast landscape of green that was behind the Academy. Sighing, I closed my eyes again and leaned back onto the tree under which I found shelter from the sun.

How did things turn out like this?

~ Flashback ~

"Y/N..." 

I glance over my shoulder just to be meet with icy eyes before returning my attention to the window in front of me. "What? No 'angle eyes'?"

"Nah, I thought that calling you something like that would get me bitten again." I couldn't help the dry chuckle that escaped my throat as I heard him walking over to me.

"Huh, who would've thought that you'd...learn something..." I shake my head, closing my eyes and covering my face with my hand.

There was silence for a moment before he spoke again, "I don't think I ever saw you this bother before."

"I don't think I have either, Akito." I sighed before glancing at him just to find him leaning on the wall next to the window I was looking through and looking at me with his eyebrows knitted together. "What is it?"

"This really means that much to you?"

"I...I just didn't want to let anyone down, you know." I glance to the side before continuing, "But I never imagined that things would turn out like this though."

"So what are you going to do now?"

"I don't know," I look through the window, knitting my eyebrows together in thought before looking at the floor. "Maybe I should just-"

"You better not be thinking about throwing in the towel, angle eyes."

"What?" I raise an eyebrow as I return my attention to him.

He sighs, pushing himself off the wall and walking over to, making me tilt my head up to look at him. "You're quite dense sometimes, you know that?"

I can't help the chuckle that escapes my lips. "So I've been told." looking back up at Akito, I come to a sudden halt as I see the smirk that appeared on his features.

This smirk was far different from the ones that he has given me before. Those from before were coy and mischievous while this one was...caring, almost loving? Which made me return his smirk with a genuine one of my own.

"Good to see you back, angle eyes."

I sigh, shaking my head, my smirk never leaving. "I never left in the first place."

"Totally," I could hear the sarcasm dripping from his voice as I smiled, glancing down, my eyes landing on the piece of paper that I've been holding all this time.

"Well, I guess I should thank you then, ne?"

"What?" I looked up just to be met with his raised eyebrow.

I extend my hand with the paper towards him. "Here, this is for you." 

He slowly took the paper from my hand and started reading over it, his eyes widening as he finished, looking back up at me. "This is..."

"Yeah, it is." I started, giving him a smirk before it disappeared. "I just couldn't include your part into the song. You're far more different then the rest of them so I decided to write your part on a different sheet of paper. It's not much but-"

I was suddenly cut off, my eyes widening as I felt him pull me closer, feeling a new sensation on my head. He kissed my head!?

"You talk too much, you know that?" I could feel my cheeks start to heat up so I decided to keep my attention on my hands that were on his chest while his arms we wrapped gently around my waist, refusing to meet his eyes. "But thanks."

Sighing to calm down, I finally look up to meet his eyes, taking a step back from him. "I should be thanking you, don't you think so?"

"Nah," he shook his head, that coy smirk appearing back on his lips as he put his hands back into his jean pockets "I think I should be thanking you for coming over when I was sleeping on that bench."

~ End  Of Flashback ~  

What he said... Did he really mean all of that? Why would me walking over to his sleeping body make him thankful?

Shaking my head, I get to my feet and wipe the grass of my skirt. Still not know what I should do about everything that happened, I look around myself before deciding to just take a walk.

I knew I shouldn't have gotten my hopes up, thinking that they would agree to something like this, but I never imagined that things would end up like this. I mean, they could get expelled because of this and it'll be all my fault because I wasn't able to do what was wanted of me.

I come to a sudden halt, my eyes widening as I remembered all the emotions that I felt from where I came from - all the despair, loneliness and not to mention heartbreak. I raised a hand to my heart, trying to calm down it's rapid beating and the heartache that came along with it. 

Why?! Why did I have to remember these feelings now? I could feel myself start to shake lightly at the mere thought of experiencing all of that again. Could I lose the people I met here and started calling my real friends because of this?

I shook my head vigorously. No, I won't let it come to that! I'll do whatever it takes to keep us together.

Finally calming down a bit, I straightened up before looking around myself to figure out where I am.

I raised an eyebrow as I noticed the all too familiar door just a few feet away from me. I ended up in front of the piano room. Maybe I should do what I did when I started going here. Ever since I found myself here, music has always seemed to be my escape from the problems in life.

I walked over to the door, taking a hold of the doorknob before stopping and knitting my eyebrow together. But I don't what the music to be my escape this time...I just want it to be a break from life, just for a few minutes.

Satisfied, I open the door and walk into the piano room just to be greeted with the beautiful black piano that often gave me a peace of mind.

An unconscious and gentle smile found its way onto my lips as I walked over to the piano, taking a seat. Slowly raising my hand, I played a few notes before closing my eyes and letting the music take me a way for a few minutes so I could catch my breath before I had to deal with the problems in life once again.